Thursday, July 2, 2009

My New Favorite Book!

After all these years, Gone With the Wind has been replaced as my favorite book of all time! My new, most beloved book is The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society. It is set in an equally tragic time period, with characters just as interesting, but more lovable and an overall sunnier tone. (Now that I am 2.2 years away from turning 30, I much prefer happy endings. Oh, and I've started listening to jazz!) I couldn't have loved this book more, unless it was 1000 pages longer, so that I could still be reading it right now! It made me laugh and cry at the same time, and I think the people on the treadmill next to me at the gym probably thought I was crazy, but I don't care. Thank you to my mother-in-law for recommending it!

3 comments:

Adam and Tara said...

what?!?! Why haven't I heard of this book? I'm going to go get it today :)

Chelsea and Johnny said...

Hey Kimmie and Rob! Hope you guys are doing well. I think I am going to have to pick that book up. I'm always looking for a good book to read. Thx for the suggestion.

Myra said...

Started reading it yesterday per your recommendation, and am almost halfway through it. It's the perfect read right now. I'm loving it.