Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Our Life's Happenings!

We needed to find costumes because it was movie character night at Chick-fil-A, and we were going with some friends.(Do we go to Chick-fil-a too much? I just really like dressing up. It's like Halloween, but with free chicken.)
Stanton thought about being Spider Man, but Noelle ripped off her tu-tu and demanded it. So he was happy to be Buzz.
Robert was supposed to be The Man with the Yellow Hat from Curious George. I had a monkey for his back and everything, but when he found out his yellow hat was really a sombrero covered with yellow, lined legal paper, he thought it would look too trashy and opted for The Incredible Hulk. I think my Elmo costume makes my face look chubby, but that's probably because it's a 3 Toddler and it's way too tight. My shirt practically came off with it when I tried to pry it off at the restaurant.
Buzz Lightyear's grand entrance. He shouts "To a City and Beyond!" (He means "infinity.")
The night was such a success! Stanton even won the drawing for the 3 foot Chick-fil-a cow. What a thrill!
In other news, Noelle is still more obsessed with reading than ever! She really sat there all afternoon and paged through every one of those books, after already having them all read to her.
That night, while Daddy was at his church meeting, we decided to have a Tuesday night rendezvous at Peter Piper Pizza. Who says 8pm is too late for a couple dollars worth of tokens and tickets! (I know I really need to get better about bedtime.)
Today was more fun at the zoo splash park! Stanton would like everyone to know that we saw the giraffe peeing.
Then, we headed to Bass Pro Shop to get ready for our camping trip tomorrow. We decided to shoot some things for fun, even though we are totally NOT hunters!
Robert found his dream skillet. Camping, here we come!

6 comments:

Shellee said...

You don't go to ChickFilA too much, there's no such thing! I love that Noelle was Spider (wo) man!

Camping sounds like fun! Curt and I were just talking about that this morning!

Missy said...

You have the best stash of costumes! I was wanting to dress up for that but couldn't figure out what to wear.
That cow is huge!

Adam and Tara said...

You are one of the busiest people I know! You're kids are lucky to have you as a mom... we miss you guys!!!!

Amy Webb said...

What a fun night! I love the costumes- especially yours. We're sad we couldn't make it. You and Bailey could have had matching Elmo costumes!

Whitney said...

Is it possible that Stanton's name wasn't really drawn, but that they just all agreed that since you are single-handedly keeping them in business that you deserved a giant cow?

Malori and Jon Saline said...

You guys have so much fun!! I love your movie costumes - Chic-Fil-A must love you guys!!!