Sunday, July 12, 2009

Chick-Fil-A Cow Day - 2009

Friday was Chick-Fil-A cow day, one of our favorite holidays! My kids woke up moo-ing because I had got them excited for it all week long. And as always, it was everything we hoped! We put on our white garbage bags, colored our black spots and met our friends there at eleven-"herdy."
While I was making Noelle's costume, I did poke myself in the eye with the scissors though, and it watered all day and swelled shut by the end of the night from me rubbing it so much, but not even THAT could ruin cow day! (It did make me become a little whiny though cause it was Robert and my resort night without the kids at the Hilton Squaw Peak and I looked like a cyclops, but he said he didn't mind. What a great husband!)
I made up lots of cow jokes for the occassion. Q: What do you call a calf who is not brave? A: a COW-ard. There are more of my cow jokes in the column to the top, right.
This was cow-day 2008.
I drew spots on Stanton's and my face with eyeliner that year. We've learned from our mistakes since then because when he started to cry on the way home, it ran all down his face and he looked like that weird movie The Crow. So this year we just used stickers on our face.
And this was our first, cow-day - 2007, three years ago, when we were just Chick-fil-a rookies. Is it bad that the employees know my kids by name now? I can't help going there though. They are just so friendly and nice and they're always giving me things for free, which I love! They've roped me in with their great marketing and fantastic customer service. I'll never eat anyone else's chicken nuggets again!

4 comments:

The Robinsons said...

Kimmie, did you color your hair? It looks so CUTE! All the cows look great! I can get away with calling all you ladies cows because you're dressed up as them :-)

Shelly said...

Oh I totally missed out! looks like so much fun, I'll definitely be there 2010!

The Kemptons said...

Kimmie, I hope this is ok that I found your blog off of my friend Mari Ashby's blog. This is Tiffany (Sellers) Kempton. Honey how are you doing. My mom and I were just talking about you hoping you were doing good. You are always fun to talk to. Your kids are so cute and getting big. The last picture I saw was your Christmas card. Let's chat my email is tiffanykempton@gmail.com

Casey :o) said...

I forgot how much I love your blog! I don't get to check much more than my email these days, but I am glad I finally checked yours out again, cause I get such a kick out of your posts and jokes! You guys look like your doing great, hopefully we can get our kids together one day. :o)