Wednesday, June 1, 2011

I'm Going To Do a Triathalon!

Remember this! I made up my own race!
Well, now that the 5K-immie is over, I've decided running is super boring to me again. So, I need a new goal because nowadays when I go to the gym, I pretty much just do a slow skip on the treadmill, play around on the weight machines and dribble the exercise balls for fun, without even breaking a sweat.
Then tonight, while eating a piece of cake, I discovered the YMCA Triathalon to help Epilepsy, in 9 weeks. And I'm gonna do it! I signed up!
It's a couple weeks before my 30th birthday, so I figure it's good timing! Maybe I can lose some Winston weight (and some Noelle weight, and some Stanton weight and some Red Robin/Chick-fil-A/Chipotle weight) before I enter a new decade of my life!
So, now that it's on my blog, I have to do it! Wish me luck!
I'm excited!!!!
And while Im in the goal-making mood, before I turn 30, I am also going to learn how to make a souflee and swing dance.

6 comments:

Shellee said...

Madame Kimmy... please let me teach you how to make a souffle'. I have an awesome chocolate one and a really good cheese recipe. Do you want to do one or the other? or both?

Missy said...

That's great that you keep finding things to keep you motivated! I need to do the same. Darn that chick fil a and their delicious food. Good luck:)

Steve + Brindy Arnett said...

good luck kimmie! thats soo awesome! :)

p.s. love your photo shoot below!! such cute pictures!!!

Laurie said...

Kimmie, one of my favorite things about you is that you readily admit that you were eating cake when you found out/signed up for this triathalon. You're my favorite athlete of all time!

I will never be a runner. Or a swimmer. Or, uh... a biker. So triathalons are a horrifying thing for me. (Taking a slow, meandering walk through the neighborhood is much more my speed of "work out".) But I so admire you and your goal-setting-ness! (And the fact that you're a fellow cake eater will bond us for life.)

What a great cause! Good luck and have fun with your training! (Let me know if you need someone to eat your share of dessert for the next few weeks.)

Steve and Steph said...

You can do it! Great goals!!! I know you can do all of those things...I look forward to the posts to come when these things have been accomplished.

Annie said...

You are inspiring girl! I need to get on the workout wagon!