Wednesday, June 8, 2011

What The Currys Have Been Up To!

Stanton graduated his first year of pre-school! It was such a cute little ceremony with diplomas and cookies and special awards. Stanton got the "Homework Super Star" award, which came with Starbursts. Then there was a pretty wild after party on the trampoline! We love Wiggle Worm Preschool!
Noelle did a beautiful job in her second dance recital, dancing to "Animal Crackers in my Soup." Daddy got her flowers, which made her day!
Winston can fit a tennis ball in his mouth.
Robert is such a cute Dad! A couple Fridays ago, we went to Chandler Mall, and Noelle really wanted this Belle doll, and Stanton wanted some Legos. We said "No, not today." They are very good about only asking once, but we knew they really wanted these particular things, and they happened to be on sale, so while we were playing at the play place, Robert went and bought them, and put them in their car seats. At the end of the night, when we got in the van, the kids were so excited/confused/surprised/happy! Noelle said, "What the heck!" And Stanton kept saying, "Wait a minute. Wait a minute. How did this happen?"
It was a really sweet thing that I'm sure they will always remember, especially cause they reminisce about it just about everyday!
Robert said when he was little, his Dad told them to go get a cookie sample at the grocery store, and when he did, the lady gave him one of those enormous cookies, like the size of a pizza. (Rob's Dad had bought it earlier and had her give it to him when he asked for a sample, to surprise him.) Curry men make great Dads!
Splash Pad fun has begun!

We went on a Curry/Ashby/Reading/Wilding/Montague/Bachinski camping trip!
It was Winston's first time camping, and he is the happiest little camper you ever did meet! He slept perfectly and laughed at everything! He was a little perturbed when I would take the rocks he was sucking on out of his mouth though. I think he thought they were like camping pacifiers.
We caught crawdads with hot dogs. It was SO fun!
I even held one!
We went shooting. It was my first time, and it was really cool! Seeing as I was so obsessed with Jack Bauer and 24, it only makes sense that I would like shooting.
Johnny made a horsey tree for the kids, which Stanton really did not want to get down from! (Don't worry, the tree was already crooked.) Stanton also held a horny toad, which shocked me! I think Mason brings out the brave in him.
It was a really fun trip even though I threw up the first night (I think from too many Doritoes) and Noelle and I both peed all over our pants and shoes in our unsuccessful attempts to squat.
We went for two nights, so we had a lot of time to do fun stuff! We woke up and saw a coyote, went on nature walks and to the lake, and our camp was attacked by squirrels and ravens while we were gone. The husbands went driving around in the dark one night looking for elk and throwing rocks at signs. We even got to stop by the fish hatchery on the way home. It was a good time!
And last night Robert and I got to go on a date to see "Les Miserables." We clean up nice, don't we! We got to sit in the 6th row, for free!
It was such amazing singing and acting, and a great story! All of the French history was really interesting, especially cause I just happen to be French myself. My maiden name is Guimont, and my Dads name was Jack, but he changed the spelling to Jacque later in his life. Plus, I've got a lot of Louis and Francois Guimonts in my geneology, all the way back to the 1500's. So maybe Jean Valjean was a very distant relative of mine. Or maybe not, since the play is fictional, but I loved it anyway!
It just might have passed up "Lion King" and "Joseph" as my new favorite play!

7 comments:

Amy said...

Camping sounds like it was a ton of fun...wish we could have gone! You look great, by the way!

***LIZ*** said...

This is my very favorite post to date! I love all the pics, especially Winston with the tennis ball in his mouth and you all cleaned up. You look BEAUTIFUL in your dress all done up! So sad we missed the camp out.

Laurie said...

I'm pretty sure that Liz and I are kindred spirits. I have a lot of evidence to this, my most recent of which is that I was coming to comment on Winston's tennis ball and your BEAUTIFUL dress!

Such a fun, fun post! I love knowing what you're up to, seeing pics of your family and getting the updates.

Your blog's the best, Kimmie. Probably because YOU are the best!

tricia said...

Love all the pictures, you always do the funnest things with your kids!! We loved having Stanton in Wiggle Worm Preschool, he is a great kid!! Loves to all of you!!!

Bracken and Bracken said...

Holy tennis ball!! That is HILARIOUS :)

Missy said...

That picture of Winston and the tennis ball is hilarious! Dallin has tried that with a plastic scoop of ice cream, and it's amazing how much they can fit into those "little" mouths!
How fun that you got to go to Les Mis! What a treat.

Nikki said...

Oh my gosh! I loooove your posts! That picture of Winston with the tennis ball...oh my! I want to frame it :) Okay, so I feel so bad for torturing you...I'm REALLY tempted to tell you the baby's name!