So, we're strolling down the aisles, and Stanton throws up all over Noelle and all over the groceries!!!!
Of course, being me, I didn't have any wipes with me, so I push the barf cart all the way to the entrance, trailing the dripping vomit behind me, and use all of the cart wipes to clean up Stanton and Noelle as much as I could. Then I bring the throw-up groceries to register and ask if they want me to buy them, telling them I will, but warning that if I have to wait in line, he might throw up again. Luckily, they were very nice, cause I'm sure they didn't want to ring up and bag my pukey produce, so they told me I could leave and they would just throw them away. Thank you Walmart! You're not o bad afterall!
Poor Noelle got sick that same night. Thankfully they're both better now, and Noelle has a gross new memory to add to the one she still talks about from last year when Stanton peed his pants at the Carl's Jr. playplace in Blythe, and she ran out and slipped in it. This new one is a little bit worse.
The girls got all dressed up in their princess clothes and jewels and we dined on princess fruit snacks and raspberry lemonade, while watching highlights from the Royal Wedding. It was so cute!
That morning Noelle had said to me, "I can't wait to see the real princesses carriage." And Stanton said, "I think it will be shaped like a tea cup and parked in a courtyard."
Then I asked Noelle to be like Cinderella and help me clean up, and she said "No, Cinderella just makes the birds do her chores." I told her to be like the birds then.
Winston enjoyed the egg hunt much better than the starfish, so we just had to have another one in our hotel in California. There was so much hallway for the kids to run down at 7am, laughing and yelling and looking for eggs. I'm not sure if the other Marriott guests enjoyed our early morning hunt, but we sure did!
Plus, it brought back memories for Robert and I of another hotel egg hunt. We were married the day before Easter, and on Easter morning we woke up at our hotel, and when I went to get Robert some cold medicine from the front desk, I came back with my shirt and all of my pockets FULL of Easter eggs! I had seen them hidden all over, so I went from floor to floor gathering them. It was SO FUN! Robert and I happily ate the candy out of them and talked about what a good find that was on my part. Then, later that morning when we were leaving the hotel, we saw a sign that said "Easter Egg Hunt at noon." Oops! I had collected most of the eggs before it had even started. It's one of Robert's favorite stories about me.
My friend Melissa told me about this great book called "A Christ Centered Easter." We did an activity from it every day of the week leading up to Easter. We did a narration of the Triumphant Entry and made our own palm fronds. We had an authentic Passover type meal. We read the Easter story in eggs, and we went to the visitor center and looked at the pictures of Christ's life. It meant so much to me to see my children point to a picture and say, "That's when Jesus suffered for our sins so we can repent" or "That's when He was resurrected so we can see our families again after we die,
like Uncle Scott and Harriet."
I was happy to see that they understood the real meaning of Easter and the importance of it in our lives. I am so grateful for the Savior and for His Atonement and to be a member of His restored church. I would not be who I am without it. I know He lives. I have felt His love and forgiveness and support in my own life and seen it in the lives of others. I know that we are not here to wander aimlessly and try to figure things out alone. He has a plan for us and our families, and He is always there for us if we turn to Him. I know that He loves us all and knows each one of us personally. I am thankful for Him and His sacrifice every single day. I know that through Him, I can become a better person and my family can be together forever, and nothing is more important than that.
5 comments:
I'm teary-eyed at your kids' testimonies of the resurrection. They are so smart. It always amazes me how kids can so easily understand gospel concepts, and how they personalize them in their hearts. (Another reason why I love serving in Primary).
OMG, that picture of Winston in his car seat is to die for adorable!! And the crazy story about the barf, sorry it's kinda hilarious!! :)
Kimmie,
I do love you and your detailed posts (even if I do look a little wonky in that bakery picture - why did I not look at the camera? honestly!). I love how involved you are with your kids, how you make everything so much fun. I'm with Myra, my favorite part of this post was your children's testimonies of who Christ is and why He came. I love your little family, and I'm super glad that you're in my life!
Kim!! It's Amber (Lofgreen) Marler... how are you?! You have a beautiful family... your kids are ADORABLE! I came across your blog while blog hopping and I'm so glad I found you. Hayley was just asking about you the other day. =) Hope you are doing well!
xoxo
i love Noelle's comment about how its the birds job to do the chores! thats awesome! your Easter/April sounds so fun. i love your idea to use that book and do Christ-centered activities! i totally want to get that now! and thanks for your testimony :) you're such an awesome girl kimmie!
Post a Comment