A very small part of me misses seeing that toothy little grin four times in the middle of the night, but it's a very, very small part of me! I am really happy we are both getting sleep now, and he actually likes his bed. I can lay him down awake, and he just plops over and grunts himself to sleep.
(All three of the kids made really loud grunting noises to get themselves to fall asleep.)
Then, the other day, Stanton was practicing, and she announced very matter of factly, "Okay, I'm going to learn how to read today." And she did.
I think she had been listening to Stanton sound out words for so long that when she actually tried it with me, it just clicked for her. So now she can read any 3 letter word with a short vowel sound. Stanton's up to 5 letter words, and he does not want Noelle to catch up to him. They both like learning sight words the best though cause they get to hang them all over their wall in their room.
It's really adorable to hear her sound out each letter and then say the word. She is extremely proud of herself when she does it, and so am I!
His teacher, Mrs. Cathy is amazing! She makes the lessons so much fun! He loves going and he even loves practicing (on our keyboard.)
He's on his 5th lesson, and he can already play 4 songs: "Mississippi Hot Frog," "Ice Cream Cone," "Broccolli and Peas Yum Yum" and "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star."
The other day the little girl who takes lessons right after him asked if she could come early and watch him cause he's so cute and little, so she did. They even played a duet together. His first duet! It was priceless!
2 comments:
a good night's sleep is so amazing! Yay for Stanton! that is awesome that Noelle can read words already. holy smokes! and Stanton already learning piano..they are all little geniuses:)
Good job noelle!! That's amazing :) I totally wanna be a piano teacher someday ;)
Post a Comment