Monday, June 1, 2009
Playing Dress-Up is My Hobby!
Looking at my pictures from the month of May, I realized that I played dress up (and left the house looking that way) three different times (two of which, earned me free chicken!) That made me look back at more of my pictures and realize that it's not just the month of May. It's something that I do quite frequently, and I force others do it with me! Maybe it's cause I wasn't allowed to play with Barbie dolls, since my parents thought their clothes were too scandalous, or maybe it's cause I never dressed up when I was a little girl cause my step-mom cut my hair so short that no matter how many tu-tus I wore, people still thought I was a boy. Whatever the reason, I am getting it out of my system now!
80's night at chickfillet, so fun! Stanton sported my Neil Diamond shirt, and Noelle accessorized her leg warmers with my Michael Jackson purse. And as for me, I felt like Madonna!
Stacy and I particiapted in the 80's dance off. She got 2nd place, and I got 3rd place, even though I got on the dirty floor and did the worm, accidentally flashing all of the cashiers before I remembered I was wearing a skirt and fish nets! I did win a stuffed cow though, so it was totally worth it!
And here we have Hawaiian night. We got there too late to participate in the Hula, or you know I would've!
Our ward hoe-down, hee-haw! When I walked into Sheplers to shop for cowgirl clothes, I really considered moving to Texas! Then, I could play dress-up everyday!
Alas, I think the dress-up gene has successfully been passed on to my children!
They want to move to Texas too!
We try on sunglasses at every store!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
You're awesome Kimmy! We were at Chic-Fil-A on 80's night and didn't realize they had been giving away free food every Friday night! Totally worth dressing up. You are a pro:)
This makes me proud to call you my sister!! You wouldn't have been a true Madonna if you didn't flash anyone... so way to take a costume to the next level! Stanton looks like a true cowboy in those chaps!
You guys are the funnest little family!! I love all of your crazy adventures!!! I love dressing up too! When we were little we would dress up in all sorts of costumes and put on shows for my parents. We would spend all day practicing and setting things up and then we would perform it at night - My parents loved it, but looking back I'm not sure if they loved the performance or just that we were occupied all day!
Kimmie, I love you. You AND your costumes! You're such a fun mom, I love that you've passed the dress-up gene on to your kiddos! You're the best!
Post a Comment