Monday, February 2, 2009
Iron Chef at the Currys!!!!!
We invited some people over for Iron Chef, and the secret ingredient was PEANUT BUTTER! (Robert later asked me why I chose something that could possibly give us all salomanela.) It was tons of fun, and we are totally gonna do it again. Maybe next time the secret ingredient will be "Curry!"
So everyone brought something made with peanut butter, and then we voted on the two best ones. Melissa's awesome Thai chicken thing won, and so did Lynnae's peanut butter pie. One of the votes actually said "NOT Kim's Noodles." That tells you how bad they were.
Joe, the only one brave enough to try my creation! I didn't have all the ingredients for the peanut butter noodle dish I wanted to make, so I just added peanut butter to spaghetti noodles with soy sauce and lime juice. Joe's exact words after he finished his bite were, "That's disgusting!"
Brittney made this super cute display for her peanut butter dips. One had chocolate and cream cheese mixed with the peanut butter, and it was so great! I ditched the apples for dipping and just used my finger all night, not so sanitary, but so so good!
Lynnae's peanut butter pie and Melissa's puppy chow! Yum!
Mari's lettuce wraps and Robert's satay. There was also another noodle dish (that actually tasted good) and another delicious dip. It's surprising what all can be made with peanut butter.
Noelle really enjoyed the secret ingredient! Let's just hope she doesn't have a peanut allergy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Sounds like fun! All I know how to cook with pb is baked goods and thai food! LOL
Oh my gosh, you're the coolest! How fun! And I love that you guys cooked all those different things with the peanut butter, that's amazing!
You are awesome. I can't believe how funny you are, I seriously laugh each time I read your blog.
That sounds like so much fun!! What creative things to make with peanut butter!!
What a fun idea! I'm sorry your noodles didn't turn out the way you wanted. Who knew you could make so many dishes with peanut butter!
I have the best peanut butter recipe. It's chicken with a peanut butter sauce and mango salsa to go over it. I'm going to make it for you one of these day. You will LOVE it.
Post a Comment