Friday, February 20, 2009

I heart Valentine's Day!

For Valentine's Day Robert and I went to Rustler's Rooste. It's this cowboy restaurant on South Mountain with a great view and lots to do!
We ordered the country feast, with like 5 different kinds of meat. I usually get grossed out to eat more than one type of animal per meal, but who can pass up that much protein when it's sitting right in front of you! This was the BEFORE, and it doesn't show the salads and the basket of rolls with honey butter.
The AFTER: we ate every last bite, besides the one piece of cantelope.
We survived the meal, barely!
There was a live country band and a dance floor. Robert and I were the only ones dancing, and it was so much fun! It was like "Dancing With the Stars" but with ME!
They also have a really fast slide to get from the 2nd floor to the 1st floor, and I was wearing a skirt and accidentally flashed the whole restaurant, so we won't post that picture that Robert took.

4 comments:

Malori and Jon Saline said...

That sounds like such a fun place! Jon and I will have to try it out sometime! I'm glad you had a fun Valentine's Day!!

***LIZ*** said...

Sounds like a great time! I would totally vote for you and Robert if you were on dancing with the stars.

Missy said...

That food looks AMAZING! I can't believe you guys survived! What a fun place to go to though, I'll definately have to check it out some time.

The Earls said...

Holy cow that's a lot of food! I'm surprised you finished it all -almost. I couldn't stop laughing about your slide show, sorry. Hope everyone enjoyed the show. he he.
We thought of you the other day as we helped Dono make up a monkey joke for a library prize. Here it is.
Q: Why do monkeys like bananas?
A: Because they're so a'peel'ing.
I like yours better, but what could we do?