Thursday, January 15, 2009
Cake Decorating is a Piece of Cake!
Me, Mari and Melissa are taking a cake decorating class, and it is so much fun!! I am definately not Teacher Bonnie's star pupil. We had to bring a frosted cake to class with all of our supplies and colored frostings to decorate it.
Well, I dropped my cake on the way there, and showed up with frosting all over my pants and my face. After Melissa cleaned me up with a wet wipe, I revealed that I hadn't colored any of my frosting yet, let alone stuffed it in the tubes. I also didn't have half of my tips because Stanton was playing with them and forgot to give them back to me. I also didn't cover my cardboard with tin foil, and I made a chocolate cake, which Teacher Bonnie had warned in the previous class was a cake catastrophe cause of crumbs. I also didn't level my cake correctly, and forgot to flip it over. Alas, here is my finished product...
And here is my second finished product after fixing my grammatical error.
Here is Melissa's cake. Ta Da!
And voila...Mari's cake!
Even though I am the class doofis, it's still REALLY fun! And a special thanks to my amigos, Mari and Melissa for letting me use their frosting, tips, wax paper, couplers, glasses and everything else I forgot. I was, however, the only one who remembered to bring paper towels. Not even Teacher Bonnie remembered those. Let's hope next week she'll be more prepared (:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
How fun for you guys! That Teacher Bonnie is so strict.
That sounds so fun and your cake looks great!!! Don't worry about forgetting and stuff - at least it made for a very entertaining entry!!! It got me laughing here at my boring job!!
Looking good, do I get a piece? or did you forget to make a cake and that is just a fake? lol
okay sign me up! That looks like such a fun thing to do!
Oh my gosh, I LOVED CAKE CLASS!!! Where are you girls taking? (And on what day/night? I need to know, so I know what day I can crash your house and ask for a piece of cake. I got so addicted to having cake & buttercream icing every week when I was taking the Wilton classes. I miss it, dreadfully.)
Your cake looks awesome (esp if you'd dropped it)!
I liked your first display with the s at the end the very best! That looks like a lot of fun.
Post a Comment