Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Kimmie the Seamstress!

I SEWED AN APRON!
I had never even touched a sewing machine in my life, until now. Ta Da! Here is my first project, a double sided apron for Robert's grandma for Thanksgiving! It only took me about two weeks to make. I will admit, Lynnae had to sit by me the entire time, and re-thread the sewing machine for me, and also pin things, but I cut the pattern and sewed it all!!!
Now I know I'm not fast/good enough YET to get hired at a sweat shop or have my own clothing line at Walmart or anything like that, but I am REALLY excited about being the maker of an apron! It's so fun learning new things. Next up, flamenco dancing or maybe sign language!

7 comments:

Amy said...

That apron is "sew" cute (he he he)! I want to get the pattern from you!

The Robinsons said...

that is really cute. maybe if you can do it can do it...maybe. definitely want the pattern, that is if Lynnae is willing to pass it along! I bet Rob's grandma will LOVE it!!

Laurie said...

Kimmie, your apron is ADORABLE! I love it! You did such a great job. ...My cousin made me one like this for my birthday and I love it. (Sometime, like... in church, maybe... not online, for the whole world to see it - yeah, it's that good... I'll have to tell you the story behind mine.) I love your fabric choices, you did a FAB job!

***LIZ*** said...

Very cute! I am very impressed with your talents! Oh, and Lynnae's ofcourse, it's good to have friends to help us out.

jacque and dustin said...

Kimmie good job sewing your apron. I am tres impressed. lol we are learning french here at my school getting ready to teach it to the students and i think tres means very. Anyways I hope that you are doing well. How have activities been going? Dustin and I love it here. Our ward is all sorts of crazy and they're not even having a Christmas party so I wish I was there helping you plan the ward Christmas party. write soon. jacque. p.s. our blog is e4ellenberger.blogspot.com.

Melissa M. said...

Nice work! I love the pear/apple fabric.
Ever considered basket weaving?

Malori and Jon Saline said...

Hi Kim - It's Malori Saline from the ward - I found you through Laurie's blog - I think your apron is beautiful! I am very impressed!! I bet your mom-in-law loved it!!!
I am very proud!