Tuesday, February 26, 2013
Valentine's Party #1
Our kid's service club threw two Valentine's parties for homeless/underprivileged/refugee children. The first party was in Mesa, and there were about 50 kids attending the party and about 25 kids and their parents helping with the party.
It was such an amazing experience for me to see all of the generosity and love demonstrated by all of the people who donated food, drinks, prizes, used clothes, toys, etc, and I was overwhelmed by all of the moms who brought their kids and volunteered their time! I'm so thankful to know the best people in the world! It makes me so grateful and such a cry baby!
When we pulled up to set up, a bunch of kids rushed my van to help carry things and said, "Are you the party people? We've been waiting for you all week."
I started to cry, which probably freaked them out, but I was just so excited that they were excited!
Thanks to everyone's efforts, the party was wonderful! There were lots of games with prizes, crafts, friendship bracelets, snacks, face painting, balloons, cookie decorating and a clown, which was Grandma Mary this time. I loved watching the kids hand out Valentines to each other and make new friends! The children were so sweet, and so full of thank yous! I heard one girl who was about 10 say that she was so happy because she got to try barbeque chips for the first time, and she's always wanted to try them her whole life. I wish we could throw them a party every week because they were such great kids! I just loved them!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment