Monday, August 27, 2012
My Birthday Week!
My birthday week was lots of fun! I went a little overboard with my birthday celebrations last year, so this year I wanted something a little more low key. Robert took the day off work and sent me to get a pedicure as soon as I woke up.
After my free Joe's Farm Grill birthday lunch, we went to Makutus Island for some playtime!
We all went down the fastest slides, and we all came out with scrapes on our elbows from the high speeds. We also faced our collective fear of heights, and climbed across the rope bridge that was pretty much as tall as the Empire State Building, or so it seemed.
Then we all wooped Daddy in a pillow fight (:
After that Robert took me to the movies to see Bourne Legacy, which was excellent! It brought me back to the days when I would dream about being tough while watching 24. Good thing we had the pillow fight before the movie because I've got so many new moves now, courtesy of the new Jason Bourne guy.
The next day on the way to school, we just happened to drive by the Sprouts grand opening, which had face painting!!! The rest of us were shoeless and in pajamas, but when there's free face painting, you can't just drive away from it.
There were balloon animals too!
Being somewhat of a balloon artist myself, I must say that I could really appreciate the intricate ballooning that detailed Spider Man's abs and calve muscles. My balloon fish, swords and dogs pale in comparison to his superhero masterpiece!
And Noelle had a beautiful butterfly, on her face and in her hand. She was so thrilled!
We spent the rest of birthday week using up my free b-day coupons, and we also struck gold with culture passes!
We went to the Dinosaur Museum on Thursday, which is always a good time.
This time we tackled the giant, wooden dinosaur puzzle, and we finished it. Even Winston could tell it was quite an accomplishment because he clapped and "yay-ed!"
We also visited the new exhibit upstairs. Looking back, I'm not sure why Noelle and i decided to pose holding hands with the statue of the Indian gentleman wearing a loin cloth, but I thought nothing of it at the time.
Continuing our lucky streak with culture passes, we got one for the Phoenix Children's Museum the next day, our favorite!!! I am in love with that museum, and so are the kids! Winston is seriously in his happy place there.
They played a very life-like game of grocery store with some new friends they met there. I almost got Noelle "fired" for distracting her by taking her picture at the cash register while she was supposed to be bagging groceries. Stanton said they were playing Walmart because everything was only a dollar, and Noelle said they were playing Target because the lines were not long. It was fun to watch them.
Then we played in the fort room, ran through the noodle forest, climbed up to the bathtub with wings and rode bikes through the car wash.
And finally we went to my favorite room, the art room, with the big paintable rocket ship, the puppet show area, and crafts that seem to come straight from my imagination. We paineted with water colors, made jungle collages and multicultural popsicle stick children. If only everyday could be that kind of day!
I had an excellent birthday week, made extra special by sweet goodies and messages by sweet family and friends!
I was so happy Robert had the day off, and all day long Stanton and Noelle kept trying to wait on me and pamper me to make my birthday "the most special day." It was really adorable!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






2 comments:
What a fun and event filled birthday! I'm glad you got to do so many fun things and spend time with your family:)
what an awesome birthweek!!! love reading your blog! and your cute kiddo's stories.. they crack me up!
Post a Comment