Monday, August 20, 2012

My Baby Winston Turned 2!

Our baby, Winston Jack Curry turned two last week! My little Winnie is growing up!
He was the quietest, sleepiest baby for the first 8 or so months of his life, but he has more than made up for it now. He is still a great sleeper, but he is the noisiest baby I know. He is always babbling words here and there or yelling "maaaameeee" or "miiiiinnnneee!" He laughs a lot and he cries a lot, so basically he's a lot like me(:
I love those bursts of giggles, and even those outbursts of tantrums, definitely not so much in the moment, but after the fact when I see how he can be so easily distracted and the tears stop the second he sees an airplane or a baby or a dog and he completely forgets that he was ever laying on the ground screaming.
I love that he looks at me out of the side of his eyes, with a super mischievous, little grin when he is doing something that he for sure knows is totally naughty, but he still asks, "Ah, Mommy, me, ya?" and shakes his head yes.
I love that even when he didn't know any words, he has been able to communicate with goofy sounds and gestures, ever since he was like 18 months old. A straining, grunting noise with outstretched arms, followed by "Bumpa" and a hitting gesture with a "eee-eee" noise and a wave means that every morning he pushes grandpas car out of the garage, and then grandpa honks and Winston waves good-bye. He has so many complicated sounds combined with hand motions that always get his point across.
And most of all, I love that he is his own little unique person. He wants to do what Stanton and Noelle are doing, but he won't let them boss him around. He's got his own ideas too. He is cuddly, and he is determined. He is so funny already, with so much personality. He is so sweet, but so stubborn too. He is a good boy, and I love him and those huge eyeballs and that toothy smile! I am so thankful for that boy!
We had his 2nd birthday party at Chuck E Cheese, just like his first b-day because he seriously LOVES Chuck E Cheese. He says "Chu-Chee" almost every single time we get in the van. It is his most favorite place!
He loves riding the train and the cars and the fire truck, and he loves putting the "me-me" (money) in the machines. He also loves walking up the skeeball ramp to put the balls in.
And most of all, he loves Chuck E, so there is nothing better than Grandpa and Chuck E in the same place. He was such a happy boy!
Winston's party theme was transportation because he always has a toy car or train or plane in his hand. (He usually has a stuffed animal in the other hand.) So Grandpa Dan dressed up as a train conductor...Choo-Choo!
He lined his little engines up and blew his whistle to head back to the tables for pizza and cake.
Winston loved licking the frosting off of his train cakes, and blowing out his candle. I kept lighting it cause he liked it so much, until he stuck his finger in the flame. I'm telling you, he's mischievous.
Then we had races in the car we made. Stanton, Noelle and Winston did a great job coloring it, and I must say, I think I made it look pretty realistic with my Seran Wrap windshield and my paper plate wheels, not to mention my plastic cup headlights! I timed the kids running around, and Stanton and Hannah tied for first place, with a record breaking 4 sec. All the kids wore their medals proudly!
After racing and presents, the kids went back to playing and playing and playing, made possible by Robert going a little token crazy and buying 400 of them. Amber called him Daddy Warbucks, which is now my new nickname for him.
It was great fun, and everyone said they could tell that Winston was so happy. He totally knew that it was his special day, and he was hugging people and showing them things and being so smiley. I was so, so happy that he was so happy! Plus, we still have lots of left over tokens so that we can continue to make Winston's Chuck E Cheese dreams come true.
I love my little family, and I'm so thankful for every single one of them, more than I can ever express! Happy Birthday to my little dear!

3 comments:

Missy said...

Happy Birthday Winnie! He's a cutie!

BabyWilt said...

That tennis ball picture is PRICELESS!!!!
*”˜˜”*°•.¸☆ ★ ☆¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.¸☆
╔╗╔╦══╦═╦═╦╗╔╗ ★ ★ ★
║╚╝║══║═║═║╚╝║ ☆¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.¸☆
║╔╗║╔╗║╔╣╔╩╗╔╝ ★ BIRTHDAY WINSTON☆
╚╝╚╩╝╚╩╝╚╝═╚╝ ¥☆★☆★☆¥ ★☆•°*”˜˜”*°•.¸☆

Amber said...

Hi Kim! Just stopping in to say hi. Your kids are so freaking adorable!! You and Hayley and I should get together for lunch sometime. :-) Hope all is well!