Tuesday, September 11, 2012
Hide and Go Seek in the Dark, Police Museum and Chubby Thor!
Even with school starting, we've still been managing to find lots of fun! At first I thought Kindergarten would cramp our style, but it's only half day. So far Stanton loves it, but he also loves coming home to party with us at 10:40am.
We went to the Science Center with friends and fell in love with the new Lego exhibit! It's the best one they've ever had!
The rock wall was a big hit too.
Michael and Tessa were in town for their open house, and it was such a good time to get to hang out with them. On their last night here we played hide and go seek in the dark with them. It's our family favorite! Even Winston has become an expert hider in the pitch black corners and closets!
Noelle followed Tessa around everywhere, and Michael and Stanton won for the best spot. We checked that closet like 3 times, but in the dark, we never suspected them to be on the shelves.
We were all so sad to see them go.
We went to the wave pool to cheer the kids up after having to part with Michael and Tessa. It worked. They ended up having a great time splashing around with their buddy Max.
The next morning Noelle announced, "I thought this was just a dirty old piece of toast, but then I actually realized (she likes to try to use big words like Fancy Nancy) that I could bite it into the shape of a dinosaur."
And that's exactly what she did.
I told her that she was a very talented "arTOAST." She said I was a very funny joke maker. It was a lovely exchange of compliments.
The next day we went to the Phoenix Police Museum. It was a fun little adventure getting lost and running around in the rain, but it was definitely worth it when we finally got there.
Winston just wanted to sit in the back seat of the cop car the whole entire time. I said, "I hope that's not foreshadowing of things to come."
the retired police man who volunteered there thought I was hilarious. So I kept right on talking, and I told them how I was so confused by the one way streets on the way there that I accidentally ran a red light and almost hit a Corvette. They no longer thought I was hilarious. I stopped talking.
Noelle was so impressed with the place that she decided she wants to be a police girl now and a mom.
Stanton liked the motorcycle, but he said he wouldn't want to ride a motorcycle or be a police man because it's too dangerous. I love my Safety Stan (:
Winston was not so pleased to be taken out of his comfy backseat to get a picture in front of the helicopter. He warmed up to the idea once we all made the "ticka-ticka" helicopter noise for him.
The next day Robert took Stanton to his first ASU game. I love that Robert was just as excited to take him as Stanton was to go! He bought them matching ASU shirts, and they both wore their matching plaid shorts. So darling!
Winston and Noelle and I went to As You Wish to paint pottery. Wintson tried picking up every ceramic piece they had on display. It was seriously like a game of hot potato with me trying to catch every piece he touched, picked up or bumped into. I was doubly nervous because he had just accidentally knocked over a mannequin at Down East Basics right before, and it's hands fell completely off. Luckily they thought he was cute so we didn't get in any trouble.
Noelle took 45 minutes deciding what to paint. I didn't rush her cause I can totally relate. I have the hardest time making decisions too. She finally ended up choosing an Ariel jewelery box, and Winston picked a tiny dog magnet for himself and a football magnet for Stanton. They both had a lot of fun painting with every single color in the place.
After that we hung out at Barnes and Noble. We read some books, and Winston was in heaven playing with their train set. Noelle started her own secret hideout underneath it and invited kids who walked by to join. Nobody did, but she still had fun playing animal shelter-babysitting-school all on her own.
And to end our weekend Daddy tried on Stanton's new Thor costume. When I showed him the picture he said he looked like a chubby Thor who just lost some money on the stock markets. I love Chubby Thor! (Even though I do not think he is chubby at all. I think he's hot stuff!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Cute, cute, cute!! That Lego exhibit DOES look cool....we need to go! I just don't want to have my baby there....ha ha! Max saw the last picture of Rob and said, "Robbie!!! Viking Rob!!" Lol
Post a Comment