Then we headed to the park for our egg hunt.
Then we went to the other nursing home with some of our other friends and handed out more pictures to different grandmas and grandpas.
We ran out of pictures, so I gave all of the kids some Jesus stickers to hand out. The kids took off smiling and talking to the old people, putting multiple stickers on each of them. The best part though was that the kids were all pretty short so most of the grandmas in the dining room ended up with 5+ Jesus stickers on their bosoms. They seemed happy to wear them though, especially considering the cuteness of the little ones handing them out.
Then we headed to the park for another egg hunt.
I captioned a picture of a bunny reading a magazine with 2 other bunnies in it as, "Look it's Hare-son Ford and Rabbit Redford" and I won!!!!
The kiddos loved the animals, especially this funny little donkey.
However, I failed to realize that the paper for the last egg didn't print out, so when we got to the end, we were missing the most important part, the Resurrection. Luckily we know how the story goes, so we could adlib, but I think I will find a less complicated activity for Easter next year.
And right before bedtime we dyed eggs.
Noelle dropped two eggs on my head while I was bent over cleaning up the yellow egg dye that I spilled all inside the kitchen drawers and floor. Grandma was quietly cringing in the other room. I assured it her it was just a little spill, no big deal, which comforted her momentarily, until Stanton and Noelle ratted me out and said, "No, it's a huge spill, all over everything. You just don't want to get in trouble."
I begrudgingly comended my kids for their honesty, and finsihed cleaning up the mess. Our eggs turned out pretty cool, even though most of them were cracked, but I'm still not sure how everything I attemp turns into a bit of a fiasco.
In all, it was a wonderful Easter! I love that we have a special day set aside to focus on the sacrifice and love of our Savior. I hope to be more mindful of those things on all of the regular days that follow.
3 comments:
WHAT A FUN EASTER!!
i really admire how you try to focus on the real meaning so much to your kids! i learned this year how hard that can be- especially for a 2 yr old! ... so we just ended up telling him it was Jesus's birthday! [at least its a start!:)] ..but anyways, i think youre such a good example of that and it really makes me want to try better!... so thanks! ;)
We had SOOO much fun egg hunting with you and we definitely want to go back to the nursing home for the next holiday, who knew Dallen was so social?!?! haha. Love that your kids ratted you out to Grandma ;)
I love being an onlooker with your family! You do some great things and always include some kind of service and/or educational experience. I would LOVE to be on your guest list when Grandpa Dan makes a "character" appearance!
Post a Comment