I wasn't so thrilled about holding the snake. I am very grossed out by them cause they don't have bones, and they are the one thing (besides cockroaches) that I scream at. Knowing this, Robert, Stanton and the zookeeper still peer-pressured me into holding it, and I was not scared at all, ya right!
It totally creeped me out, but I guess it felt good to face my fear.
It was also fun feeing giraffes, petting the zebras and handing leaves to the monkey.
Those last two activities were not zoo-approved, and Robert warned me not to exchange leaves with the African monkey that kept sticking his hand out of his cage. It was all fun and games until I let Noelle do it, and the monkey grabbed her arm and scratched her. We all screamed! Luckily, she wasn't hurt, just forever traumatized by primates.
Also, I have learned my lesson, that I need to listen to Robert and Stanton when were at the zoo because my judgement tends to be clouded when it comes to interactions with exotic animals.
Then when I told her that he was just pretend, she got even more depressed that he would never come to life for her. She said it was her "only Christmas wish!" Very dramatic!
Stanton had his first piano recital! Every year they bring a piano into the post office for the kids to play for all of the people waiting in line. He played 7 songs, three times each. I was beaming the entire time! He practiced so much, especially "Cu-Cu," which was his first song with both hands, and he did a great job!
Winston liked the piano music and even danced to it for a little while, but mostly he just liked trying to ship himself, priority mail. He also liked making the automatic doors open and shut.
Noelle listened to the first song very intently, but after that she just liked rolling around on the floor, describing the greeting cards, really loudly during each song and putting Express Mail stickers all over and Winston's face.
Daddy had to go back to work eventually, so we had to go back to finding ways to entertain ourselves. Going to a friend's birthday at Chuck E. Cheese was one good way! What a blast!
Filling up a cart with papayas that we didn't buy was another way. That's Winston's favorite way. he loves pushing around the tiny carts at Trader Joe's!
Going on a hayride, looking at lights, caroling and visiting Santa with friends was a most excellent way to spend a night!
Winston enjoyed the treats as much as the lights!
Robert said i was running a coloring sweat shop, but I like to think of it as more of a family art gallery. Stanton is a very neat and careful colorer, and Noelle is like a coloring machine. She pumped out about 5 pictures for every 1 of Stanton's. Then she covered them with Christmas stickers.
By the end, we had 48 pictures, which we thought would be plenty, but we turned out to be 1 short when we got there so we grabbed a blue crayon and piece of scratch paper and made a bunch of snowmen.
Crisis averted.
The kids had the best time going from room to room handing out their pictures and singing. At the end, some of the grandpas and grandmas even gave he kids unlimited popcorn and cookies and turned on Dora for them. Then they showed them the giant fish tank and the huge floor to celing bird cage and they let Stanton play their piano. It could not have been more fun!
We made lots of new friends! It was such a wonderful time and it really made it feel like Christmas!
2 comments:
"GO Britney, GO Britney" .... sorry could not resist ;-) Stanton does look so relaxed with that huge snake draped over his shoulders, amazing.
I passed out 3 times looking at that snake picture before I could scroll far enough to be able to comment. All I have to say is . . . gross.
Post a Comment