Thursday, January 19, 2012

Mommy's a Mummy and More...

We had Egypt Day! It was so fun!
First, we carved a face in an apple and mummified it. Then we ate food from Egypt: pitas and hummus (sometimes I get Greece and Egypt confused??) cherries, nuts, fig yogurt, and banana milk, which is just milk, bananas and vanilla in a blender. Stanton chugged 3 glasses of it! We also made pigs in a blanket cause they look like mummies and because I look for any excuse to make them.
Then we made Lego pyramids, wrote our names in hieroglyphics and wrapped me up as a mummy. They thought it was hilarious that their mommy was a mummy! They thought it was even funnier when I pretended to be dead and then yelled "Raarrrrr" at them while they were putting the ancient Egyptian amulets (holiday stickers) on my mummy wrap.
I should find more games where I can play dead cause I was able to doze off for a good 15 minutes.
We also learned about real mummies and tombs and put some guts into little jars from the mummy kit Grandma gave us. It was soooo much fun!
Stanton and Noelle are back in their little pre-school science and math classes at the rec center, which means Winston and Mommy are back to visiting the chickens every week.
It is his favorite thing to do!
I don't know whose yard we're trespassing on or whose chickens we're chasing, but we sure love them!
On Saturday, we went to the Food Truck Event and Robert got VIP tickets for us to meet Tyler Florence, the Food Network chef. He was super nice!
I asked him his favorite food, which is tomatoes (boring) and his least favorite food, which is anything frozen (He could not live at my house.)
The security people weren't going to let me get a picture with him, but Nadine saved the day by pulling out the "her husband works for Channel 5" card, so I got to get one. Just one of the many reasons why Nadine is the best traffic reporter in AZ! She doesn't just get you out of traffic jams. She can get you out of other jams too! Thanks Nadine! (:
The food truck event was fun, but we waited in the longest line of my life! After 90 minutes of waiting, we still didn't have our food, so we just ate kettle corn and shaved ice.
The kids played on someone's golf cart while we waited in more lines.
And Winston and Claire played with chalk while we waited in some more lines.
Despite the lines, it turned out to be a fun event. We finally got to eat some free pulled pork sandwiches and some free gourmet white rose ice cream that tasted like really delicious hand lotion. It's hard to explain. My pallette was conflicted.
Uncle Michael and his girlfriend Tessa (love her!) were in town and so were Uncle Adam and Aunt Tara, so we all went to the park and played.
Michael pushed Stanton so high that he was pretty much upside down and his feet touched the awning. We all had a giant panic attack! Stanton didn't understand why 5 adults were freaking out, so we explained to him how dangerous that was, and he said, "No, it's cool to do things that aren't safe because then people think you are good at tricks."
Ahhh! Why can't he go back to being 4, when he was too scared to pet puppies or hold hamsters.
Then we all had fun rolling down the hills, until I rolled over Stanton. He didn't think it was as funny as I thought he would. Apparently, he only likes certain tricks.

Then on Monday we went to the Martin Luther King parade. It was fun. Some people were giving out free hugs. I got one.

Afterwards, we marched on down to Sweet Cakes bakery and shared cookies with frineds. It was a Happy Martin Luther King Day!

4 comments:

Callie said...

You're so creative Kimmie! Love the Egypt day!

The Webbs said...

I love that you do such cute stuff with your kids. You are the best mom. And I can't believe you got to meet Tyler Florence! Marcus and I love to watch that show. We miss you guys.

Corinne said...

You are seriously super mom! I don't know how you do it. I'd like to say I'm going to try harder, but I know I won't, so maybe I'll just start showing my kids your blog so they can have excitement through that ;) You're awesome!

Steve + Brindy Arnett said...

you are so awesome kimmie! i love reading about all the fun things you do with your kiddos! and chasing chickens IS seriously awesome! ;)