Even harder than leaving our home is leaving our ward! I have never loved so many people and felt love from so many pepole in my whole life! Everyone there is truely wonderful, each in their own way! I have grown as a person from their loving examples of kindness, service and friendship! They have no idea how much they mean to me, all of them! My testimony has been hugely strengthened, and I have been inspired to be better because of them! I count my time in the Evergreen Ward as one of my life's greatest blessings!
Okay, I am sitting here sobbing right now, so on to the happy news...
IT IS SUPER FUN LIVING AT ROBERT'S PARENTS' HOUSE!
We wake up and swim or ride bikes in the driveway,, or play outside, or go for walks. Robert's mom plays with the kids, and I can go running (and get heat stroke and have to lay down on the sidewalk to keep from passing out, but that's a different story.)
Robert and I can go on walks (in our reflective vests) at night after the kids go to bed. And now I have Robert's mom to talk to when the kids are sleeping, and I am bored. Plus, the kids LOVE seeing grandpa and grandma all the time!
Stanton keeps telling people that he loves that grandma makes him toast in the morning and Noelle likes that grandma gives them snacks and brushes her hair. Grandpa dresses up in masks and costumes and speaks Spanish to them, which they think is so fun! It really is great living with them, for us at least!
For instance, I was looking at the pictures on my camera over the last week, and I think I figured out one of the reasons why we are late so much.
One time on the way to pre-school, we saw this place that had like 25 satellite dishes, which Stanton thinks are the tops of the Millenium Falcon ship from Star Wars. He was certain that it was the place they were made, and he was so excited to get a closer look. So we made a quick stop, and voila, 10 minutes late to their 45 minute class.
So, after careful examination of my days activities, I cannot blame living in Ahwatukee for our pre-school tardiness! It has been a problem for quite some time now.
Ever since our last pink (plastic) pet fish, "Stop Sign" got lost a little over a year ago, the kids haven't been interested in getting another pet.
But now that "Glub Glub" is here, they feed him Cheerios and change his water every few days, and Noelle likes to sing to him while she eats her lunch.
She was not very happy about it either. I however, could not stop laughing!
It was so tangled around the wheels of the furry, green hamster that grandma had to cut part of her hair to get it out.
And the biggest thing that happened recently is that Stanton gave a talk in the Primary Program at church! It's the one Sunday a year where the kids sing and talk and give the lesson at church. He had a little talk about how the scriptures teach us about the Plan of Salvation.
He worked so hard on it! (This video is one of his practices.) We wrote it together. He picked out the pictures and made up almost all of what he said, and I just kind of organized it for him. He memorized it, with the help of the pictures, and he looked up the whole time he was saying it when he actually did it at church!
I have never been so proud in my whole life, but not like the boastful, braggy kind of proud, that I know I sometimes am. This was more like proud and happy that he knows that he has a Savior and that we are all on earth for a purpose and that our families can be together forever. I was happy that I didn't tell him to say those things, that he already knows them.
When I asked him what he wanted to say at the end, he said "I love Jesus. I love my family. I love church, and I love the prophet."
I know that if those are the things we love, no matter what else happens in our lives we can be happy.
I'm so proud that my shy, 4 year old, little Stanton was able to share his testimony in front of more than 100 people. Anyone who knows him knows that he is a boy of very few words, and if he can be brave enough to talk about the importance of the gospel, I hope I can be too!
I love the Savior. I know that true and eternal happiness can only come through Him. Earlier in my life, I tried to find it elsewhere and could not. I know that His chruch has been restored and is on the earth today. I am thankful to be a part of it and for the complete happiness, peace and and answers that it provides me. I would not be who I am without it.
7 comments:
OMG!!! My little Stan-man all grown up! But so handsome, poised and smart! I am sooo proud of you!! miss you love you! :)
HOLY MOLY I was so incredibly impressed with Stanton! My Mom wouldn't stop talking about how great he did until I had to remind her that her own granddaughter gave a talk too. :)
I don't know if my punctual husband would agree, but I think those are all great reasons to be late for preschool. Mine was just that I was sitting on my lazy rear.
The sun has stopped shining over there on May Street.
Love your thoughts and testimony. :) Thanks for sharing that! and i think that is soo funny how your late for their class.. and all for very good reasons, i think! ;) your kids are so lucky to have you. it seems like you can make every single thing they do an adventure and im sure they love it! seriously i hope i can be such an awesome mom just like you! :)
Kimmie Curry, I freaking LOVE your guts!
Loved this!! I was so glad I got to live in the Evergreen ward for a short time too, such an experience :)
I'm sure Evergreen ward is still mourning the loss of the Currys:) It is hard to stay in a 2 bedroom house with three kiddos though, and I'm so impressed you were able to do it for so long!
Your in-laws house sounds like a resort! Sign me up for the toast and babysitting. I'm glad you guys are enjoying it.
You are awesome Kimmie! You are always looking for the fun in things, nothing wrong with living in the moment!
We also missed moving from that ward, but we can always get together and have fun!
Post a Comment