First, we were greeted by a replicaa of the world's tallest man. And look, I'm finally almost 5'3"!
Q: What kind of dress does a two headed cow wear?
A: A Moo-Moo.
I even contacted the manager after reading a sign that said to share any strange tricks of your own. He gasped loudly when he saw my trick, but apparently it was not impressive enough to put on display.
He is my step-brother's wife's cousin's wife's sister's son. I'm not even joking!
On the way back to our hotel, Robert stopped and got me flowers from a flower stand, just like I've always wanted!
Then we had a delicious dinner with his Dad (who was there on business)at Carmine's, a really fun Italian restaurant.
After that we walked and walked around Central Park, and I was starting to get really whiney.
The day before we had walked close to ten miles, and I had tons of blisters because I didn't bring tennis shoes because they don't look nice with dresses.. And then I tripped and my ankle hurt really bad, so I got a little grumpy and shed some whiney tears, so...
Or maybe they figured out that I was just a whiney, lazy girl hogging the wheel chair. (To my credit though, my ankle really hurt. I thought I sprained i, but I didn't.)
The Met was really great! There was an exhibit all about knights and swords and also so many famous paintings! It was fun to see real Picasso, Monet, Degas, Renoir, Dali, and Jackson Pollack paintings all up close!
I thought there would be this big, giant book of immigrant's names, and I pictured myself running my finger down the alphabetized list, until I got to "Guimont" and found Louis and Oscar and Emiline and all of my other French ancestors who came to America through Ellis Island. Then I thought I would get to see their passport picture and read all about them.
There was no such book there. Robert said I was thinking of Santa's book at the North Pole.
I did get to walk down the same stair case my ancestors came down after they were welcomed into the United States though, so that was fun!
Just kidding, that's not me!
So this time I picked a pickle factory, and we went! They pickle everything there! We even tried pickled pineapple! It was really good. It had cloves in it.
We planned to go there for lunch, so we stopped in, but they were closed. Not even expecting him to be there (because we went to Bobby Flay's restaurant in Vegas , and they said he rarely comes in,) I opened the door, and peeked my head in to see what time they opened for dinner, and I see none other than, Aaron himself!
I screamed so loud, right in his face! Robert rushed in behind me because he said he thought I saw a dead body, but I didn't.
Then I started talking really fast and saying dumb stuff. He was so nice though! He took a picture with me, and told us to come back that night, no reservations needed. (It was like we were life long amigos!) So we went back that night for dinner with Robert's Dad, and Aaron came to our table and talked to us and took more pictures and signed a menu for my sister-in-law. See what I mean, life long amigos!
P.s. The food was so excellent! We even ordered the chocolate lava cake with sweet corn ice cream that fell on the final episode of "Chopped Champions" and cost him the victory! As soon as I tasted it, I knew that had it risen properly, he would have won!
After that we ate a Fifth Avenue Bar on 5th Ave. It was very melted because we bought it our first night and carried it all around for days until we finally went to 5th Ave, but it was still sort of edible.
We didn't get a chance to eat Subway on the subway like we wanted because the subway broke down the one time we rode it, and we have yet to eat a Blizzard in a blizzard, but we're getting there.
There we are Paul, Jennifer, Robert and I, just hanging out, sitting right where Matt Lauer and Anne Curry sit, looking out the huge window at Rockafeller Center!
Robert's had such fancy footwork on that piano, he could've been an extra for Tom Hanks in the movie!
It was such a perfectly fantastic trip!
I have so many fun memories of us meeting all sorts of interesting people from the coolest countries, with the coolest accents and of making friends with one cab driver from Bangledesh who sounded like the really nice alien from "Galaxy Quest" and another friendly cab driver from Pakistan asking us if we were Jewish, and then ending up having a very nice conversation with him about Mormons and Muslims, and memories of eating Brazilian food and Thai food in the tiniest restaurants and trying out yummy pizza places and gross hot dog stands, and of us feeling so guilty for not having any cash to tip the bell hop, that we both couldn't sleep so we got dressed sometime after midnight and walked to CVS to get cashback for him, of us making fancy hot chocolate every single night and every single morning in our hotel, walking through Chinatown, haggling with purse vendors on the side of the street and of many failed attempts on my part to hail a taxi cab, with Robert standing there cracking up laughing at me, while I waived my arms frantically in the rain, in the middle of the street yelling "Hiring more taxi drivers would create more jobs! There I just fixed the economy!"
I could go on and on! It was five days of non-stop fun! Robert is the most exciting person to travel with! I'm so blessed to be able to go to such an amazing place with such an amazing husband!
10 comments:
Sounds like an amazing trip!! Glad you got to go :) I can't to hear more stories!
Look at you in your fancy dresses everyday! Looks like tons of fun and also very tiring....I would be whiney too!!! :)
So fun! I cannot believe you net Aaron Sanchez!! I'm glad you loved phantom! I bet you needed a vacation after that vacation to sit and relax...glad you got to do so much!
AWESOME!!!!! You and Robert should be corespondents for the travel channel, and then you could do this all the time.
SOOO FUN!!!! this sounds like the best trip ever! i've always wanted to go to new york and if i ever do i would want to do it just like you guys did! and your stories make me laugh so hard. you are so hilarious! i love that people were staring at you when you got out of the wheelchair like it was a miracle!! haha! :)
I don't think you guys could possibly be any more fun!! I mean seriously, YOU ARE ADORABLE!! Glad you had fun!!
What an AMAZING trip! I'm so jealous! That's something I've always wanted to do. I'm so glad you guys got to. I'm also EXTREMELY jealous that you ate at & met Aaron Sanchez! I LOVE HIM! We are addicted to Chopped & were sad when he didn't win Chopped Champions so I'm happy his dessert was so good.
Gosh, next time I go on vacation, I'm taking you and Robert! Robert for planning purposes and YOU for pure entertainment!
Sounds like you had a blast. I love hearing your retelling of it all. Rob should contract out his trip planning services.
WOW I want to vacation with you and Robert!!! You guys have the best time!!
Post a Comment