So we got superhero sibling costumes, and made our picture invitation for "Stanton's Superhero Academy Birthday," where you can join forces with Captain America, Wonder Woman and Baby Batman and come earn your cape by using your "Mighty Muscles" and your "Magnificent Mind" to"Leap over Lava", "Vaporize Villians" and "Rescue a baby!"
This was just after he had busted out of his wrapping paper suit and tie. He flexed his muscles and roared as he ripped out of the paper and greeted the kids with his green face and bulging biceps, complete with his black hair that my mom dyed with her Mascara and his green latex Yoda feet from last year's party!
He was a big hit!
I think that was all of the kids' favorite part of the obstacle course!
Then it was pinata time! All the little heros gathered around in their capes that Robert's mom made them (SO cute and SOOOO nice of her to sew 16 capes) to whack the huge 4 foot Buzz Lightyear pinata that I found when I was driving through Guadalupe one day for only $15, which I thought was an excellent deal, until I realized I had spent my life-savings filling it up with candy and prizes. Still, it was really fun, and impossible to break open! After everyone had a few good whacks, I had to just rip Buzz's arms off. I hope it wasn't too traumatic for the littler ones.
After cupcakes and presents the Incredible Hulk called it a night, but the kids still had fun running around and chasing each other for a while. They even had a couple hero/villian battles. I was happy that Stanton had such a good time and that he has so, so many wonderful little buddies to come to his party and be his friend! It was a very cute bunch of kiddos!
Stanton's actual birthday was on a Sunday, and I think he felt really special cause everyone at church kept telling him Happy Birthday and they sang to him in Primary. I had told him I would make him anything he wanted for dinner, so he chose red and green enchiladas with black beans and rice on Cars plates with Star Wars cups and pirate napkins. So that's what he got! He also requested yellow cake with chocolate frosting and mint chocolate chip ice cream, He even managed to blow all 5 candles out in one breath, which I'm pretty sure means his wish (to get a real Star Wars X-Wing that can fly us all to space) is going to come true.
Then we played with his birthday presents, a big boy bike and a Hot Wheels car ramp that shoots into an alligators mouth, but Daddy showed Stanton how to shoot it into other things, like over his head and into Winston's mouth, which was much more entertaining!
He had a very happy birthday, and it was fun to celebrate!
I can't even believe that my 1st baby is already 5! I look at this picture of him all the time and remember what a sweet little giant 10lb baby he was when he was born, and it makes me so happy and thankful to be a mom! It's so fun watching them all grow, but so hard to think of them getting older! I make them promise me on a daily basis that they will all be my baby's forever, and they always happily agree! I hope that never changes!
Happy Birthday to our little Stan Man! We love you infinity twenty six thousand eighteen two hundred fifty ninety-six! (That's what he and Noelle always say cause it's the biggest number they can think of!)
4 comments:
Kimmie, I can't say it enough. You are the MOST FUN mom ever!
What a fun party! I am LOVING all of those kids in costumes! ADORABLE!
Stanton's a great kid. In Primary on Sunday, he was bragging about his cake and mint ice cream. I was super jealous (and I told him so). He just grinned. ... I love your kids, they're so happy and so much fun. And it's easy to see why. :-)
what an awesome birthday party! the activities sound so fun, and that is so cool that you had your own Hulk!
I remember when we first moved into Evergreen ward and you guys didn't have kids yet, although I remember you talking about how excited you were to have a baby. Now you've got 3 kids and you are such a great mom. Happy 5 years of motherhood to you:)
SUPER cute! You throw the best parties!! Looks like fun!
Such a fun party!! Dallen kept asking what everyone was gonna dress up as at his party after this :)
Post a Comment