Monday, October 17, 2011

And The Emmy Goes too...

Robert won an Emmy!!
Friday morning, he was eating a maggot sandwich, live on the news and Saturday night he won an Emmy (He didn't win the Emmy for eating the maggot sandwich, although I'm sure it was good for ratings!) It's been a big weekend for him!
Saturday night was The Emmys, and Robert and some of his co-workers got nominated for "Best Morning Newscast in a Large Market" so we were able to go!
It was so fun, kind of like prom for adults, but better! There was a dinner, with mashed potatoes served in wine glasses (so cool) and tons of pretty desserts, and there were gift bags on everbody's chair (apparently that's called "swag") and vallet parking. We felt very fancy!

Here's Robert and the husbands mmingling, so debonairre!
They took a picture of us girls, but it turns out I had 3 chins in it, so that one's not going on the blog. Sorry girls!

Then the ceremony started, and they were towards the beginning, so we didn't have to wait too long for their big win!
they showed clips of their newscast on a huge screen. I felt so proud of them!
Then they went up on stage to accept their award. I am short, so I didn't get very great pictures, but here is the back of Robert's head.
And here is Nicole's back.
And here they are back in their seats. The statues are really awesome. They say "National Academy of Television Arts and Sciences", and then it says "Best Morning Newscast" and it even has his name on it!
I can't even believe my husband has a real Emmy! Now he has something in common with the producers of Lost and the cast of Modern Family! Way to go Honey!
After he accepted his award, I went to the ladie's room to freshen up (I've always wanted to say that) and I found some people taking costumed pictures in front of a green screen, so I got mine taken holding a cap gun and an Oscar, wearing a blonde wig and a pimp hat. It was fun!
And here he is after it was all over, holding his statue, humbly! He was very embarassed that I kept bragging about him to everybody I made eye contact with. We went to Oregano's afterwards to celebrate with a couple of Diet Cokes and I told the waitress and she was so impressed, she bought him a pazooki and announced to the whole restaurant that there was a celebrity in the restaurant! He was blushing so much! It was cute!

I'm so, very, very proud of him! If thereI was anyou Emmy for!! Best Husbandmorning and Father, he would winhang that too!
But sinceI its onlyin for tv, he is such a good producer, and Channel 5 really does have the BEST morning show (even though I don't get up early enough to watch it, but I do DVR it sometimes, so I have seen it and I do know it's the best!)
They do a great job choosing and writing their stories, and the talent is so fun and interesting to watch! The award was totally deserved!
Congratulations to all of them!
Now everybody start watching Channel 5!

6 comments:

Wilding's said...

This is awesome!! You guys are probably the coolest people I know! lol Tell Rob Congrats!

Missy said...

oh my gosh! congrats!

Laurie said...

I'm so thrilled for Robert! What a HUGE accomplishment! (And yes, this does make him very much like the producers of LOST, which is impressive on a whole different level!)

Such a fun post, Kimmie (as usual)! I laughed OUT LOUD at the picture of you with the Emmy and the cap gun. I love you Currys, you're my favorites!

Congrats again to Rob, and it looks like you had such a fun time at the sweet par-tay!

Malori and Jon Saline said...

Congratulations Rob!!!! That is seriously cool! How many people can say that they have an Emmy????
He is practically famous! I get to say that I know a famous guy and his incredibly amazing wife!
So exciting!!

Bracken and Bracken said...

SOOO exciting!! Congrats Rob :)

Nikki said...

Seriously...how many people can say they've won an Emmy! I'm am so impressed! You guys are pretty much fantastic and amazing in every way :) Congratulations!!