I have been saying ever since Winston was born 5 months ago that I am going to run a 5K, but I kept putting it off, and kept putting it off. Then when I finally did start to sign-up, I read the fine print and realized it was a 5K for women of alternative life-styles, and since I didn't want Robert to be the only husband there in the cheering section, I opted out of that one. So, I decided to start my own, the 5K-immie! Now, I can't put it off, and I can't back out because I am its organizer! I already have 24 people signed up to run it with me (but I'd love more, 40, 50 or even 100!), and it's going to be fabulous!
It's free, and it's on Saturday, March 5th at 7am. It starts at my house, and after 3.1 miles of running, jogging, skipping or walking, we will end up at Riverview park, where our friends and families will be waiting with signs, high fives and a breakfast BBQ! Come on, GET EXCITED!
You get a big number to put on your back (like in a real 5K) and there will be drink stations along the way with music, prizes for top finishers and each participant gets to run through a crepe paper finish line, no matter what place you finish in! Plus, you get a shirt!
It's going to be so awesome, especially cause my slogan is "It's Fun to Run Your Miles with Smiles!"
So, if you'd like to get a little exercise, sign-up! Everyone is welcome, even if I don't know them! Just post a comment with your contact info, and I will get you all of the information! Don't worry if you've never run before! Neither have I, and if I can do it, anyone can cause I'm a big lazy bones! Actually, I was a big lazy bones, but now I'm off to the gym to prepare for the 5K-immie!
P.s. You can walk it if you get tired!
11 comments:
Seriously, you are the best party planner I know! Send me an email with the info., please. I think I'm in!
I would love to do it! I don't know what we have going on that day, but I want to come! my email address is may_daisie28@hotmail.com. You are amazing!
I would love to do this! I've needed a kick to keep working on losing my baby weight! Edith.Morris@gmail.com
I think you all ready know I'm in, but let me know what I can be in charge of... So excited for the 5K-immie!
Count me in!! You have my info ;)
Will this race qualify me for the marathon? :) I'm in. And I haven't run since the beginning of November, so I'll be one of the walkers (unless someone is chasing me).
Oh my gosh Kimmie! I wish I were you! You amaze me all the time! I'm so in...do I get drink stations from Califronia to Arizona? Can I get an extra big prize if I run from here to there??
Bring it on! If Mike doesn't have to work, he can help with the cooking, and I'm for sure running. So excited!
haha! you're so awesome... the 5K-immie! :) i totally want to do it! more so for all the fun stuff you said will be there. im still trying to decide if i could actually run it though...oh and get up at 7! :) anyways maybe ill have to do a test run and see if i survive :)
Kimmie!
You beat me to it!
I was totally going to plan a ward 5K! I am so glad you are doing this!!!! I will run for sure! And can help with other stuff too. You are the best Kimmie! :)
Kimmie,
You are the queen of the world!! I love that you are doing this!
I am so darn impressed!!
I don't know for sure if I can make it, but please send me the info and I will talk to Jon and see if we can both come!
msaline07@gmail.com
Post a Comment