I am like The Goose Samaritan!
So, we went to the park to feed the ducks, and we saw this goose wandering around by the garbage can all alone. We tried to befriend it and give it our bread, but it kept refusing it. I guessed that it was probably old and blind or something, and Stanton and Noelle agreed. So, we took pictures of the alleged blind goose to show Daddy when we got home, and we went on our way to feed some ducks with better vision.
After we finished, as we were walking to our van we saw a man with two golden retrievers without leashes. All of a sudden they started chasing that old goose, and he was waddling as fast as he could, making loud honking noises Thinking it was all fun and games, the kids and I were cracking up, like loud, split your pants laughing.
Then, one of the dogs actually caught up to the goose, and chomped him on his back. Imagining what was about to happen, I started screaming, "Get in the van!" "Get in the van!"
And Noelle started screaming, "The dog ate the goose!" "The dog ate the goose!"
By the time I got the kids in the van, the dog owner had tackled one of his dogs, but he couldn't let it go, and the other dog was still chasing Old Goose. Just as it took a chomp of the goose's tail feathers, I grabbed that dog (who I later learned was named Buddy. Ironic because he is no buddy to his feathered friends.)
With us holding onto both dogs, the situation was under control, but that crazy old goose would not walk or fly away from where we were. He just stood and paced back and forth, hissing and honking. So the man and I had to drag the colarless dogs to his car while onlookers were taking pictures on their phones of the "lunatic goose." A man in an electric wheelchair even came up and said that that (explative) goose had just chased him down yesterday and tried to attack him and his wheels.
Man, what a wacky goose, and what a wacky day!
Stanton and Noelle haven't stopped talking about it, about how "that mean dog should go to jail" and about how "tough and cool I am because I wrestled a dog and saved a goose!"
If you would like another example of just how "tough and cool" I am you should ask me about the incident outside of the movie theater after we went to see "True Grit."
9 comments:
Oh my goodness Kimmie!! I love your stories! I can't stop laughing!!
That is a great story!! You are so cool and tough! Now I want to know the story about "True Grit" - I love reading about the fun and crazy things you guys do!
Oh my goodness! We went to that park yesterday afternoon and that goose was hiding behind the trash can. He would just put his beak on top of it and sit there. it was like he was watching the kids on the playground and making sure they weren't coming closer. Now that I have heard this story, i understand why he was being so cautious....
Did I ever tell you the story when a goose tried to kill me? First, I am terribly afraid of bird. That happens when a nine-year-old is left watching The Birds all by herself, leaving her to think that even as an adult, a flock of birds wants to peck her eyes out.
Well, years ago, when Otho was 18 months old, and Abe a small baby, we went to the Dobson library to feed the birds, play on the playground, and go to the library. Well, as we were feeding birds, three large geese came right up to us, honking in our faces, and demanding food. I freaked out. Shoo, I told them, but they just inched closer. So I threw my food away. Go get it, I yelled, but still they kept coming. Finally, with my heart racing and panic swelling in my throat, I said to Otho, Let's go. I raced to the library, pushing Abe in the stroller. Behind me was this crazy goose, honking away, and behind him was Otho, giggling and loving the fact that there was a bird taller then him. We got to the library door, and the goose was still at my heals. I rushed back, grabbed Otho, ran into the library, and literally slammed the door in that goose's face. I swear, he would have walked right in if I didn't close the door fast enough. I was dying from fear as the librarians, who had watched this whole ordeal, laughed and laughed. Well, I tell you Kimmie, I didn't go back there forever. I was to scared to.
I may be getting over my fear of birds now (since I want chickens!) but I don't think I will ever be able to face a goose again without feeling a bit of anxiety.
You have all the great stories! Yay for being a goose saver!
Oh my goodness! What an eventful day! I want to hear your true grit story!
And thanks for the congrats, we'll be finding out if its a boy or girl this Thursday! Super excited!
HAHAHA!!! that is sooo funny! you are seriously the coolest! and toughest! those gooses can be CRAZY! ;) btw thanks for your comments. youre always so nice! you know when we hung out i always thought you were one of the coolest people ever? i always wanted to "be more like kimmie!" :)
btw.. i saved a chicken once. i think we should start a club! :)
you are incredible! I would have done the same! You rock Goose saver!
Post a Comment