We called it our "Cinco de BYE-O"party, and invited everyone we know and love! Now that we're moving, I've become even more obsessed than usual with taking pictures of friends, family and cactus because I want to be able to remember everyone and everything I love about Arizona!
I wish I could've taken a picture of everybody at the party, but there were like 200 people there, and I kept getting distracted with all of the fun things...
Like the 4 kid piñatas.
The adult piñata.
The snowball fight.
My mom (yes, that's my step-mom wearing a mustache and her husband in the wig and the dress) and Dan performing "I got you babe" as Sonny and Cher.
Their strip tease back into regular clothes at the end of their performance was equally entertaining. The d.j. really pumped up the jams for that little number.
Then Dan did a quick costume switch and chased the kids around as the "one eyed, one horned, flying purple people-eater." They weren't scared of him though. They kept pulling his antennas and trying to knock him over. I was scared for him.
The Chick-fil-A cow also came to pay a visit. That cow and I have become very good friends over the years! (This cow is much shorter and girlier than the one that came to my 5K-immie.)
And the cotton candy machine was so much fun for everyone!
I did manage to snap a few photos of friends that I love so much!
Rob's channel 5 pals! They make work look so fun! I can never get enough of them!
A few of our old , cherished Evergreen Ward friends.
Some of our new and so loveable Ahwatukee 1st Ward friends.
And our long-time, childhood/pre-marriage pals.
I even took some husband pictures so that Rob can look at his boy buddies and cry with me while I'm missing my girls...
All of my wonderful,
Wonderful,
Wonderful,
Wonderful girl friends! I wish I had pictures of all of you!
I have been so blessed to become friends with so many different people, all unique and loveable in their own way. I'm thankful for the opportunities in my life that have produced some unlikely friendships.
And some very likely ones too!
I am 100% sure that I know some of the very best people in the entire world! I can name so many things that I love and appreciate about every single person that came to our party (and more from people who couldn't be there.)
Whether we've known each other for years or months (it doesn't take me very long to adore people) I wish I could've told you all in person what I love and admire about you! I have learned from all of your examples how to be a better mother, wife, friend and person. Whether you know it or not, something you've said or done, advice you've given me, a good laugh weve shared, or a comment youve made in a lesson at church has helped me become happier, kinder, less critical, more faithful, more thankful and more loving. So, thank you because you've all left me better than you found me, and that's why I am sad to move away from Arizona. (And also I will miss the cactus.)
Come visit us in Washington!
Love, Kimmie

4 comments:
Oh so hard to say "till we see you again"; lots of strength for the move xx
I guess we are not part of "everyone we know and love", we will try not to cry too much about not getting invited! I hope you love your new town!
Lorielle,
I totally sent Mike an invitation on Facebook. That's how I did the invites since I dont have everyone's email addresses. Sorry if he didn't see it. That's a huge bummer cause we would've loved to see your family!
Mike isn't on Facebook often enough I guess! We will miss you guys!
Post a Comment