
This one we got lots of pictures though! My dear friend Jacki gathered up our girlfriends and surprised me with a good-bye mall scavenger hunt! It was such a blast, and so perfect since Chandler Mall happens to be one of my favorite places ever! She totally knows me!
We had SO much fun running around taking goofy pictures and busting the zippers on prom dresses...oh wait, that was just me busting zippers cause I foolishly tried to fit in the first dress I grabbed, which was a size 4. If you look closely you can see I couldn't even begin to zip it.
Even though I'm 31, holding "unmentionables" still makes me giggle. Stacy did it like a pro though, no giggles, all sexy pose!
Pretty Melissa mapping out her team's course cause she's super good with directions (:
Mari is a natural beauty so she's never worn make-up, and she accidentally put the eye shadow on as blush.
Cuddling some bears!
Vogue!
Real life princesses!
And then and H&M gift card and Cheesecake Factory to finish off the night! I love these girls! Oh, and p.s. my team won the scavenger hunt!
The fun with friends continued the next night with a girl's night of my choice, and I chose LASER TAG!!!!
I seriously turn into Jack Bauer when that laser turns on, and I blast everyone in my path. I am stealth, like a (pretend) Navy Seal, and I live out all of my dreams of being tough, and I totally beat everyone by A LOT! (I honestly have no idea when I became so competitive?)
Then we had our long awaited "splits-off." I opened my big mouth and said I could do the splits, failing to add in the last part of the sentence, which was, 10 years ago. I forgot that I'm not so rubber bandy lately, and after my first practice a few weeks before the challenge, I told Robert that I am more ham and less strings, and I totally gave up, and my thighs wrote me a thank you note.
After laser tag though, we all gave it a try, and Maurine and Kayla wooped us all!
We also had a little good-bye lunch with our other favorites! I will miss those Cunninghams SO much!
After lunch and after Noelle had run out of tokens, she layed on the floor and looked under all of the machines for tokens, like she always does. She usually finds a couple dollars worth. This time she only found one, but it won her the ticket jackpot! She spent it all to surprise Winston with a blue crayon bank. Then Stanton surprised her with some tootsie rolls. I love that they are so sweet to each other!
This has nothing to do with anything. I just think it's funny. Winston pulled a Hulk mask off the shelf at Target when I wasn't looking, and when I turned around he was saying "Hulk Smash" and punching the cart.
That led to all sorts of other funny ideas, like Stanton wearing the Hulk mask in a baby crib (which led to Target workers giving us funny looks, which led to us finding more covert funny things to do.)
Now back to my Arizona goodbyes! We're gonna miss this pool!
Robert has taken the kids swimming almost everyday since the end of February! They freeze, but they have so much fun! They stay out there for hours sometimes and go back and forth between the pool and the hot tub. They are seriously little fish!
Grandpa joined them this time, which is another thing we're going to miss, swimming and playing with Grandpa and puzzles and snacks with Grandma!
All of this goodbye-ing has made me overwhelmingly thankful for my friends and family, and a little bummed out too, as I've mentioned more than once.
But my loveable father-in-law always has the perfect scripture for any event. He just appears out of nowhere with his scriptures, and reads something that always perfectly fits the occasion, another little thing I'll miss about him!
So tonight he read me Genesis 12:1
"Now the Lord
had said unto Abram, Get thee out of thy country, and from thy kindred,
and from thy father's house, unto a land that I will shew thee:
And I will make of thee a great nation, and I will bless thee, and make thy name great; and thou shalt be a blessing."
Now, I'm no Abraham, but I know that the Lord will be there for us in Washington, just as He has been there for us in Arizona and that we will be so happy in Spokane!
I know I've been such a wussy when it comes to moving, but it's only because everyone in Az is so nice to me all the time and makes me so happy here, so thank you for that! We are so blessed in every way!
And now, we're off to Washington...
1 comment:
New adventures and new friends AND you still get to keep all your old friends too ... they are just a phone call or skype call away. Good luck xx
Post a Comment