Sunday, April 21, 2013

Giant Hamster Balls to Real Life Fruit Ninja!

 
We went to Stanton's school carnival fundraiser. On the bright side, it was super fun, but unfortunately now we won't be able to pay for his college because we spent all of our money on rides and games.
I hope crawling in a giant hamster ball was worth it. If I had to guess, I'd say it was(:
Winston was too little for the giant ball, so he got to crawl through an inflatable large intestine instead. (It's actually a bounce house. It just looks like a giant tunnel of digestion.) We really did have a blast, especially at the cake walk and the dunk tank. We closed that carnival down, and we even scored some free nachos and snow cones by being the last ones to leave.
Robert got free tickets for he and Noelle to see the Beauty and the Beast play at Gammage. The got all dolled up and had such a memorable Daddy/Daughter date. She talked about it non-stop the next day!
Stanton and I went on our own little Mommy/Son date. I introduced Stanton to laser tag!!!
I also introduced him to my intense laser tag personality, complete with threats, sneak attacks and tough talk! Together, we annahialated a family of 8! I even called their son a girl, but that's because he had long hair, not because I was trying to insult him. I don't think anything I've ever done has impressed Stanton as much as that game of laser tag, not even my jokes or my accents.
Afterwards, we played fruit ninja on a giant screen. I have to admit that it was a lot of fun, but I still am not a giant fan of video games, so I vowed to show Stanton that fruit ninja would be more fun in real life...
And I was right!!!! I threw all of our rotten fruit at him and his friends, and they chopped it up with toy swords. They sliced moldy strawberries, mushy bananas, brown apples and soggy oranges. They also had some really well executed moves when they all avoided the basketball bombs while slicing blueberries.
Then I had them back up a few hundred yards and Robert threw old grapefruits at me while I sliced them with the machete he got me (that i didn't ask for) for Christmas.
By the end of the game there were a few stained shirts, but I'm pretty sure it was the best game I've ever come with. Not only did i get a chance to feel like Zorro, but I totally proved to Stanton that real life is more fun than video games! Robert said I also proved that I buy way more fruit than we can possibly eat.
We've also been taking every chance we can to enjoy the cool, breezy weather, so we flew some kites at Tempe Town Lake.
Within 5 minutes our kites were tangled, and one was stuck in a tree. We threw my purse in a tree to try to get it down, but somehow that got stuck in the tree too. Then we asked a very tall stranger to get it down. He was happy to oblige, and all was well.
Winston made motorcycle sounding sounds while he flew his airplane.
We've also been living it up at the zoo while we still can.
And enjoying lots of splash pads with friends.
And when I say lots of splash pads with friends, I mean LOTS!

We've been growing our brains with more Science Center trips! Noelle lifted this volcanic rock, and also surprised and enlightened me with her correct exclamation of "magma" to the Science Center demonstrator.
Daddy also got us our last set of free tickets to Disney on Ice. Winston is so still and so into it every time! The best part about the show is that he just cuddles on your lap!
Noelle has been asking me to take her picture in front of cactus lately. I think she's becoming nostalgic like her mama before our big move to Spokane!
And Robert took some of my favorite pictures ever of the kids all dressed in tie dye wrestling out in the grass. I just love these three little amigos!
I am so blessed!

1 comment:

BabyWilt said...

Fruit Ninja's .... I so have to remember that game :-)