Wednesday, March 20, 2013

I love you Spring Break!

I know it sounds so cheesy, but I cherish my kids' breaks form school. I already feel like I share joint custody with the Kyrene School District, so I'm extra thankful that my kids get to spend holidays and summers with me. We  live it up, like we used to in the good old days, when they were toddlers and we stayed up late, woke up late and partied all day!
We started off the first morning of Spring Break by having fun at the Science Center with our Fosburgh friends! I love that my kids have friends they've played with since they were born. Even though it's only been a half a decade, it makes me happy that they're baby friends are still they're big kid friends!
 It was bubble day at the Science Center, or as I like to call it "stick your hands in soapy water and accidentally rub your eyes and cry day."
So we got to make our own bubbly contraptions, which was cool!
We also made huge, giant, enormous bubbles, which lucky for us, we have seriously always wanted to do.
The next day we went to the Mesa Children's Museum with more of our loveable childhood friends! I have lots of pictures of these two holding hands ever since they were babies (just in case they get married.)
I tried to orchestrate another hand holding episode for the wedding video by calling Stanton's block castle a throne for him and his princess. He was more into karate chopping his tower down though than he was for posing for my match making.

There were So many wonderful weather exhibits there. The kids loved them, and so did Melissa and I! We were there for hours making weather art, storm clouds in cups, weather paper dolls, homemade rainbows and lots more. It was the perfect day of fun and friendship!

Adrienne, Tara, Rhea and Amelia came to town. The kids all spent most of their afternoons outside swimming, in the kiddy pool and the big pool too!
 We went to Bounce U, and slid down the fast slide so many times!
One night the kids were in their pajamas and about to go to bed, but Robert surprised them and said to get back in their clothes cause he was taking them to a late night carnival with Grandpa Curry. They were thrilled and had such a great time!
We also had quite the St. Patrick's Day celebrations this year! A bunch of us moms from the ward got together and threw the funnest (I know it's not a word, but it should be) little party at the park with games, a lepracaun treasure hunt, a craft, food and green lepracaun foot prints that I'm starting to think maybe I shouldn't have finger painted all over the slide, tables and sidewalk. (I'll go back and clean it up tomorrow.)
The lepracaun left some green pepper and split pea craft supplies, Lucky Charms and a Skittles rainbow. For some reason St. Patrick's Day is our fourth favorite holiday, and I don't think we're even Irish.
 The leprachaun also left us green pee and little footprints on the toilet seat, which kind of backfired because it stressed Stanton and Noelle out about what ingredient the leprachaun used to dye our milk green. (Don't worry. We really did give Winston a bath after this toilet picture.)

That evening we went on a night hike to catch the leprachaun in a brown paper bag. It was a success. My sneaky rock throwing and throwing myself on the bushes to catch him worked like a charm. I can also twitch my arm in such a way that's invisible to the naked eye, so that it seems like the leprachaun is dancing inside the bag whenever the kids sing. To my kids, my illusions are pretty much as good as David Copperfield.

I'm not sure if it's cute or trashy that when Tara spilled blueberries all over the floor we told our kids to come pretend they were in a field picking berries and eat them all up. Whether it's cute or trashy, it entertained them, fed them breakfast and cleaned the floor all at once...win, win, win!
We didn't want Spring Break to end, so we let them miss Kindergarten and Preschool on the first day back to have a little more family fun time! Sometimes you just need an extra day of see-sawing.
We all went to the Scottsdale Train Park, one of our favorite places ever!

 And we ended our Spring Break by sharing a carousel ride with Grandma, a great ending to a happy week!

1 comment:

Malori and Jon Saline said...

I know I have said it before, but I will say it again - you are such an incredible mom!! I can only hope to be half as fun and great at it as you are! You are awesome! :-)