We got lucky with a culture pass to the Phoenix Art Museum. Every time we go the kids (Winston included) have so much fun, and so do I, and we end up staying for hours.
Winston forgot to wear shoes to the museum so we had guards swarming us every time he got out of the stroller for a picture.
I thought this one piece was funny. They thought it was kinda weird.
This painting was actually really called, "Noelle on a horse under a cloud." It's like it was painted just for her.
They liked the room where they could make their own art. It's different every time we go, but always just as exciting!
This one was our unanimous favorite! It's made from the wood from a church that burned down in Texas.
And this was our least favorite. That was unanimous too. Stanton and Noelle thought it was "super creepy" and even Winston kept saying, "No me."
And we ended our art museum day frolicking in the famous dinosaur cage outside. I can't wait to go back!
That week we also went to Peter Piper with our buddies Hannah and Claire and Max.
The day after that we met our friends Parker and Dallen at Scottsdale Mall for some kid play and mommy shopping. Noelle got her hair completely tangled in a little spinning fan at the Disney Store, and the lady who worked there actually had to cut her hair cause it was so stuck in the blades. Never a dull moment.
That night Robert got stung by a scorpion. he was so brave and didn't even wince in pain at all, and I was so brave I smashed the crap out of it for messing with my man!
The next day we went to the Tempe library, which usually isn't something I take a picture of, but Stanton and Noelle yelled across the whole library, "Mommy you have got to come see this. We are doing something so cute you'll wanna take a picture." They were right. They're so cute!
That night we went to Ballet under the Stars outside of the Tempe Art's Center. Noelle and I had both been really looking forward to it for a few weeks, and the boys had kinda been dreading it.
Noelle and I ended up getting bored first though, like 30 minutes in. Stanton told us he was just pretending all of the boy ballerinas were ninjas so he didn't mind if we stayed, and Robert said it wasn't so bad either.
I usually like ballets, but there was a troop of noisy girl scouts who ate jumping beans sitting right in front of me, someone smoking a few yards away from me, and tons of mosquitoes biting every inch of my body, so I was having a hard time appreciating the pirouettes and plies.
We ended up letting the kids just roll down the hill a little while longer and then called it a night before we all ended up with Lung Cancer and West Nile Virus.
The next morning Stanton had his very first basketball game. His team is called the "Rim Rockers, and he shot the ball twice...in the other teams basket (:
That night we went to the Constitution Day celebration in Gilbert. It was a Blast!
There were also bounce houses, face painting, games and prizes, derby racing, car rides, free personalized dog tags made by real Army men, and dunk tanks. Stanton dunked the girl twice!
You could also pretend to shoot guns in front of a helicopter with your eyes closed!
There was also Yankee Doodle and an inflatable Washington Monument.
Noelle wasn't too pleased with all of my picture taking messing up her signature on the inflatable Constitution. I didn't blame her. I can appreciate wanting to use your best handwriting on such an important document.
I also got to meet cardboard Mitt.
Stanton and I got our picture with Lady Liberty. I kept trying to get him to dare me to tickle her, but he said he didn't dare me.
Sunday night we made the most awesome marble run! We've been saving our recyclables for a while now, and all of our hard work paid off because this marble run did not disappoint! Noelle said it looked junkier than she thought it would, but that she still loved it and couldn't stop thinking about it. Stanton woke me up in the middle of the night to tell me how excited he was to play with it again tomorrow, and Winston played with it every waking moment. Mission accomplished!
And today we had our bi-monthly Chick-fil-a lunch date with Grandma Mary and Grandpa Dan. It always starts with nuggets and play and ends with ice cream cones...good times!
1 comment:
Uuuuumm besides being tough mommy and squashing the daylights out of a scorpion, what do you do?? I thought they were deadly?!!!!
Post a Comment