We didn't venture in to the naked artist museum, but word around the festival was that it was just a semi-offensive half naked statue. We just took their word for it.
He asked Stanton to be his assistant (which may or may not have had anything to do with the fact that I was waving my arms and screaming, "Pick him! Pick him!")
Anyway, he asked for someone from the audience to borrow a hundred dollar bill, and then he asked a little girl to write her name on it. Then he folded it up in a bandana and asked Stanton to hold onto it, while he waved his magic wand over it.
Then he took it back from Stanton and opened the bandana, and it was gone.
Then he grabbed an ordinary lemon and cut it open and the hundred dollar bill with the girl's name on it was INSIDE THE LEMON!!!!!!!
Pure magic I tell you!
We tipped him 75 cents cause that's all of the cash I had, but the trick was actually worth far more!
There were so many oooh's and aaah's!
Then they did boat races.
It really was a most excellent day!
Stanton started coach pitch t-ball, with his friend Porter, and one of their coaches that does the pitching is a former D-backs pitcher!
Stanton looks so cute in his uniform. (Robert has corrected me multiple times that it is not a costume or an outfit.)
During his first game he carried the bat with him all the way to first base. It was adorable! It's so cute to watch!
Now, I am not the kind of mom that sets my kids up (or maybe that's exactly the kind of mom I am. I'm not sure.) All I'm saying is that Melissa and I have pictures of Stanton and Hannah holding hands from the time they were like 9 months old, and plenty of other pictures where those came from, and they would make for a super cute 5 hour long wedding video. I'm just saying.
She also had her "dance concert" that same day. All of the pictures turned out blurry, but she looked so darling dancing across the room. I can tell her teacher thinks she's funny because she smiles a lot whenever Noelle falls down or accidentally dances into someone because she's starring at herself in the mirror. My favorite part were her baht mahs, where instead of pointing her toe, she pounds her foot on the ground like one of those Russian soldiers. She really loves her little parks and rec ballet class, and I really love watching her!
And raisins aren't the only thing were growing. Our peas in a cup are growing really big, and our cactus in a plastic egg is finally starting to sprout.
I told Stanton that people might mistake him for the Incredible Hulk cause he has a pretty green thumb. He thought I was funny, once I explained the humor to him.
1 comment:
Um the picture of Stanton in his uniform swinging the bat it AMAZING!!! Love it :)
Post a Comment