
Our baby Winston Jack Curry turned one! He has been such a sweet, cuddly, easy-going baby, and we love him so much! He is so smiley and happy and darling! I remember the first two weeks of his life he just slept all day and night, and we just held him and snuggled him non-stop! Robert and I would stay up until midnight, just holding him and watching Top Chef! We would try so hard to wake him up, but he just slept and slept! Once he even peed on his own face while I was changing his diaper and he stayed asleep the whole time, even while I cleaned him up!

His major life highlights are learning to sit up and also getting 8 teeth when he was 5 months old, and crawling (a cross between a frog crawl and an army crawl) at 6 months.

He also enjoys stuffing his cheeks full to the brim at Sweet Tomatoes and dancing non-stop, anytime music comes on! He also loves slides and stairs!

His other hobbies are waving bye-bye, chanting "Ma Ma" and "Da Da," pointing to the fan, when prompted and riding Daddy's shoulders. He is also a big fan of eating Legos.

For his birthday, I decided to let him do all the things he likes doing. So, the morning started with him crawling up the stairs, his very favorite activity! I took down all the barriers that usually separate him from them, and he went up and down about 25 times. He would clap whenever he got to the top.
Then we went to Joe's BBQ for his free birthday lunch, which he (and we) all enjoyed.
We also had to include going down slides on his birthday, another favorite activity of Baby Winston's!

Next, we took him to Target to rip all of the books off of the shelf (don't worry, I always put them back, and I don't let him bend or damage them.) He really loves doing that, although I think he prefers Barnes and Nobles book shelves, easier access and a wider selection.
Then it was time to change into his party clothes and head to Chuck E. Cheese!

We had an owl birthday party for Winston, because he has such big owl eyeballs!

He was so happy at his party, and he looked like he enjoyed eating pizza with his grandmas!

And being carried all around like a little prince!

We had owl cupcakes and decorations, and Grandpa Dan even dressed up as an owl and called himself "Hootie!"
![]()
Winston was very fascinated with "Hootie." He didn't cry, but he didn't smile either. He just starred a lot!

Alas, it was time for "Hootie" to say good-bye to the kids and fly back to his nest. He was a big hit with everyone! Hoo-Hoo wouldn't love a giant owl at their birthday party!

Baby Winston and Baby Claire posed for a picture. We have the same exact picture of Stanton and Hannah sitting on a Chuck E. Cheese table at Stanton's first birthday party! Wouldn't it be so cute if the brothers married sisters! Okay, I'm getting ahead of myself! I actually want all of my kids to stay little forever, so no more marriage talk!

We had a lot of fun celebrating with friends and family!

Winston is lucky to have such cute, fun baby friends!

Noelle and Hannah got lots of pictures taken together.

And Stanton and Uncle Michael played lots of games together.

Then it was time for owl cupcakes, which Winston gobbled up right away!

He was a big fan of all of his presents too!

I love my little Winnie so much, and I can't believe he is already one! I am so blessed and thankful to have such a happy, beautiful little family!
7 comments:
I'm obsessed with how cute he is - you can't look at a picture of him without smiling! That is a crazy cool owl costume!!
How fun! The Curry's definitely do birthdays right:)
Those pictures just melt my heart!! He is just the smiliest happiest little guy and I just love him :) happy birthday baby Winston :)
i can't believe he's one either! seems like you were just announcing his birth-- crazy!!! he is soo adorable! and what an awesome birthday. seriously. what more could a one year old want?! :) happy birthday to him!
What a cutie! With lighter hair he looks so much like Stanton! Sounds like you made his day. How fun:)
Happy Birthday! That year went by soooo fast! I have to say, he's got the great smile and eyes! He's so CUTE!
grandpa dan never lets a crowd down.
Post a Comment