
For my 30th birthday Robert threw me a very fancy tea party (minus the tea of course.)It was all his idea, and although I helped him with decorations, he came up with everything else! It was amazing! (I think it may have topped my paint ball birthday party a couple years ago, and my carnival birthday when I was 10.)
Mollie made the invitations (which were perfect, thanks friend!) and she used the exact wording from the Royal Wedding invitation! Everyone went along with the theme right off the bat.We got a lot of calls and texts for "Kind Duke Robert Curry", with their reply in the affirmative.
Sir Johnny Reading even sent notice on behalf of Mrs. Stacy Reading of Mesa that she would be pleased to attend the event at Westminster Curry...very fancy!

On the big day, all of the guests were greeted by our butler, Sir Franklin (he went by his middle name at the party because he thought it sounded more regal.) Before he served our brunch, he went around with perfumes on a golden platter, offering us each a spritz. He was such a cute butler, and he ate up all the attention from the ladies!

So for the table settings I got to fulfill my life long dream of owning mismatched china! I went to D.I. and 3 Goodwills to find 18 completely different, but equally beautiful, place settings of China. It was an early birthday present to myself, and it only came to 22 dollars!

Robert got tons of flowers for the tables, and he also had the great idea of putting at each place a fancy glass with a necklace, lotion, chocolate and fan as their party favor! He has the greatest ideas! For their place card, I wrote each person a note about what I love about them and why I'm so glad they're my friend (I have been extra grateful lately for all of the indescribably wonderful people in my life!)

Also at each place setting was a very fancy headband for everyone, that I MADE! I am so, so happy with how they turned out!

Robert's mom made
all of the food, the most delicious quiche, strawberry spinach salad and fruit skewers. (Thank you so much! I love her!)
For dessert Robert stayed up until midnight the night before (I love him too!) making and decorating cake pops, we also had macaroons, gelato, cream puffs and a couple other fancy things that I don't remember the name of.

Robert also made a trivia game about me, with some fabulous wicker prizes! Melissa got 1st place, Lynnae got 2nd, and Jacki got 3rd.
Maybe I talk about myself too much cause everyone knew a lot about me! They even knew I had my own karaoke business called "Hokey Pokey Karaoke" and that my favorite soda is Diet Coke and Sprite ( a70/30 mixtue) but only from the fountain. Its Coke Zero if its from a can. How did they know!???

Noelle came to my party, and I was SO happy she did! She had told me all week that she wasn't going to be able to come because she was busy, but at the very last minute she changed her mind. She was so cute and proper the whole time! She sat right next to me, and she had so much fun and perfect manners, better than me actually.
I was wearing white gloves, and I kept getting food on them and licking it off (cause that's what I would do if I got food on my ungloved fingers), until I was advised that fancy ladies probably don't eat their gloves.

My mom was a big help too (I love her as well!) She decorated sugar cubes with tiny little flowers, and got me 18 ruffled linen napkins to make my party extra fancy! I think she loved her headband the most! She wore it to church the next day, and has comissioned me to make a million more.

I got lots of fabulous presents too! I loved every single one! My friends totally know me, and got me things that I didn't even know they remembered I liked...a set of dishes and a bowl that I've wanted forever, shoes in my perfect size and brand,stationary, soaps and lotions from Bath and Body Works which is my favorite place, cash and pretty bracelets. So much fun!
Roberts parents got me a ride along and dinner with The Phoenix Fire Dept (so exciting!) and I also got the most perfect homemade jewelry box from the kids andr a globe and a jar of orange blossom honey from my honey!

As another present to me, instead of a guest book, Robert had a canvas and paints for everyone to paint me a picture cause he knows I love painting! It turned out really cute, and it's hanging up in my bedroom.

I love all these girls (and the ones who couldn't make it too) and all of my friends and family! I am such a lucky girl to have a husband who knows I
love birthdays and makes them
extra,
extra special for me! I
am seriosly so blessed! (:

Silly faces!
7 comments:
That is so special, HAPPY BIRTHDAY :-)
What a great birthday party! The headbands look so great! Happy Birthday Friend!
Way to go Robert, what a fun birthday party! Happy Birthday Kimmie!
Happy birthday!
What a great party. I too want mismatched china, so it's good to know that I can achieve that.
Emily's face in the silly face pic is priceless :)
Super fun party Kim, so glad I could come!! You totally deserve such a perfect party :)
What a GREAT IDEA! Aren't we the luckiest girls on the planet to have the bestest husbands ever! The headbands, decorations and everything looked marvelous. I love seeing so many familiar faces. Oh how I miss you all! We really ought to visit :) HAPPY HAPPY Birthday Kimmie! You are fantastic.
Happy Belated Birthday!! That looks like the most fun ever! Rob is such a great husband! You are a lucky lucky girl! Glad you were born!
Post a Comment