Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Fun Stuff I Wanna Remember!

Our 8 o'clock walk!
Last month Robert gave the young men and young women from our ward a tour of his work at Channel 5 for mutual, and shortly after he left, I accidentally locked myself and the kids out of the house and the van. At first I wanted to say a little curse word, while I was breaking pens off inside of our door jam in an unsuccessful attempt to pick the lock, but then Stanton and Noelle kept cracking up because they thought that I was coloring on our door, and one of us could not stop tooting, which is always funny (I won't tell you which one of us, to save that person from embarrassment) so we all decided to just make an adventure out of our predicament, and we took a late night walk to McDonalds and got ice cream.
Oh the things we talked about...how to stick marshmallows in our cheeks to look like a chubby bunny, what color men's beards can be, the names of my next 25 children(Jonah is at the top of their list), whether or not there is any food healthier than apples, the definition of a stranger, why your brain will never get so big that it starts coming out of your ears no matter how many books you read,why Panda Express orange chicken is so good, etc, etc.
It turned out to be a really fun night!
Breakfast at the Train Park! This was a fun morning! We had breakfast at the train park before it got too terribly hot, and we rode the train and the carousel. Noelle and Max had so much fun getting so sandy and muddy. It was like the essence of being a kid!

Media Night at the Circus!We went to the circus, and we got to go down in the ring before the show and meet all of the clowns and the super tall guys on stilts and see the elephant up close.
Winston and Rhea didn't take their eyes off of the show! Noelle's favorite part was "the thirteen tigers playing hopscotch," and Stanton loved everything!
Bounce U with Friends! We got one of those Groupons to Bounce U and took all of our babies and big kids. They loved it, of course!
Stanton and Michael zoomed down the slide over and over, and Stanton and Mason loved the guns that shot foam balls at people!
It was a great day! After that we went to lunch and then to Superstition Springs Mall to try to see a dollar movie, but it was the day the power was out all over Mesa so we ended up reading books at Borders and playing at the mall play place.
Visiting the Fosburgh's Chickens! The Fosburghs got chickens, and I really, really want chickens! Theirs are all sorts of different colors and they have great names like Mr. Pettybones and Flutterfly. Plus, the chickens lay their eggs all over the yard, so they have to look around to find them, so it's like an Easter egg hunt, all the time! I want chicken so bad!
But then, Lynnae told me that her brother is a bee farmer, and he makes his own honey, which brings me to my new life long dream of having my own bee hive and selling my very own honey! I already have a name for it, "Sweetheart's Honey!" because Robert calls me Sweetheart, and I call him Honey!
So, i think I've almost convinced Robert's Dad to let me put a hive on his hill (maybe a couple of positive comments on my blog about my stellar business skills just might do the trick!) This isn't like my gift basket business, or my karaoke business or my singing gram business, etc. I'm not gonna get bored of bees! Plus, there are so many bee jokes I can make up and put under each lid of my honey jars!
Chuck E Cheese with Uncle Alex!
We go to Chuck E Cheese a lot, but it's always more fun when Uncle Alex comes! Armed with $15 in free tokens, thanks to our string cheese wrappers, Robert, Alex and I had a "Super Shot" tournament. We played fifteen games, and we ended in a three way tie! We had to stop there so the kids would have some tokens left.
Noelle wanted to play a few games, but mostly she just danced on top of the skee ball machines...and I didn't stop her!

Winston provided entertainment for us when we ran out of tokens!
Stanton for Mayor!
There are signs in Grandpa and Grandma's neighborhood that say "Stanton for Mayor" so we just had to pull over and take a picture with one! Who knows, maybe this is foreshadowing! Stanton is a very good boy, so he would make a wonderful mayor someday!
Super Fun Fourth of July! We got this great book all about America, and it came with a humungus Declaration of Independence and all sorts of other historical treasures! So we learned about the Founding Fathers and our flag and the Liberty Bell (which Noelle calls Taco Bell) and the Yankee Doodle song(which has topped the charts in their world. It's right up there with "Praise to the Man" and the Ninja Turtles theme song as far as favorite songs go.)
Then we had a bbq at Grandpa and Grandmas with Uncle Alex and his friends and a couple of our friends too.
We swam and swam and swam some more, and jumped on the trampoline too!
Then we had a long, awesome fireworks show of our own in the cul de sac! After everyone left we watched fireworks on t.v. and put together our big United States puzzle.
It was a GREAT day! I really love America! I feel really blessed to live here!
Alex leaves on his mission!
Robert's little brother Alex left for his mission to Denver, Colorado.
Alex spent a lot of weekends hanging out with Robert and I when he was younger right after we got married. He was just really fun to have around, and all of our friends loved him, so he just went where ever we went. I love everything about Alex, and I think he has grown up to be an amazing young man and young missionary! We are SO proud of him!

3 comments:

Missy said...

If I got locked out of my car I'd be a reck. You are such a supermom to handle it all so well, and with 3 kids in tow too!

Billy and Kati said...

I saw those same signs and thought about Stanton when I saw them. Maybe he will be mayor someday! :)

Bracken and Bracken said...

OMG that "Chris farley-esque" picture of Winston is my favorite ever!! Made me smile :)