Thursday, July 14, 2011

A Couple of the Illustrations for my book, Hurry Currys!

A little preview of "Hurry Currys!"
Author: Kimberly Lynn Mae Guimont Curry
Illustrator: Michael Middents
Page 1
The Currys had a special date for which they could not wait.
But that funny little family was somehow always late.

Pages 2 & 3

It was Saturday, and the Currys were going to meet Grandma and Grandpa at the art museum.

Stanton and Noelle had never been to an art museum, and they were very excited for all of the beautiful pictures they would see. Stanton imagined pictures of robots and dinosaurs and superheroes, and Noelle imagined pictures of flowers and butterflies and princesses.


Pages 6 & 7
In rushed the neighbor’s frisky little puppy.

And it wasn’t just any frisky little puppy. It was a muddy, frisky little puppy.

That's just a little preview to get everyone excited!

Mike is one of Robert's best friend's from growing up, and he is a fantastic artist, as you can see! He told me he would illustrate my book, but he is a very busy Top Gun-ish pilot for the Air Force, so I wasn't sure if he really wanted to. Plus, I know I have a lot of cooky ideas, so people don't always take me seriously, but he did! His wife sent me 8 illustrations this morning, and I love them!
So, no hard feelings to the illustrator of "Fancy Nancy" for not responding to my very complimentative e-mail asking her to illustrate my book, which also has a rhyming title, which I supposed she liked. I have my own illustrator now, and we will see you on The New York Times Best-Seller List, Robin Preiss-Glasser! We may even share a shelf with you at Barnes and Noble, in the children's rhyming titles section!

5 comments:

Laurie said...

Yay!!! I'm so happy for you that you have an illustrator to draw pictures that will go along with your super fun story!

Wilding's said...

Kimmie! You are adorable! I think I could spend 24/7 with you and still not get tired of you and your cute ideas! What a fun story!

Billy and Kati said...

Kimmmie...as I was reading this, I remembered that my friend edits on the side for a publisher. Maybe they can publish your book for you!

Bracken and Bracken said...

I'm so excited for your book, I'll buy a copy :)

Annie said...

whoo hoo! Go you!