Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Our Trip To California for the Royal Wedding!

Robert's sister Adrienne got married this past weekend, so we went to Newport Beach for her wedding. Everything was so beautiful, especially her! It was a perfect day!
We also had tons of fun leading up to the wedding though. I'll start from the beginning...
Michael and Alex rode with us, and we played the most intense game of 20 questions the world has ever known!
Round one, Alex and I choose "cavity" as our word. We are determined to defeat Michael and Robert to settle scores from games past. However, half way through round one, we realize Alex is thinking "filling," and I was thinking "decay." These multiple descriptions and clarifications put them at an advantage early on, RATS! They ended up guessing it on the 20th question, and we didn't hear the end of it!
Alex and I are poor question askers, so round two gave us descriptions like: "No, it's not a rhombus. No, it's not made of metal. No, you don't own one, and No,it can't be bought at the mall.
However, somehow, someway, we guessed it on the 20th question! It was the little lane reflectors on the highway. Even with their tricky pauses and hesitations to throw us off when responding to our questions, which we totally bought into, we still got it! That's the stuff history is made of, right there! Alex and I are champions!
When we got to California we headed to our favorite carousel for a ride. They change it for each season!
Then we took a moment for a picture of the 6 cute cousins!
Later that night we met up with the bride and groom-to-be on Balboa Island. Stanton and Noelle gave them their wedding gift early. They saved their pennies and picked out these fancy glasses from Nordstroms (actually from the $1 store) all by themselves, just for Aunt Adrienne and Uncle Colton. They also colored them a card, on which Stanton asked me to write, "Thank you for inviting me to your wedding. I can't wait for you to have a huge baby." And Noelle asked me to write, "You will look beautiful. You should have got married at Disneyland."
Then they snuggled with handsome baby Winston before it was time to go. (Now do you all see what I mean that he has gentleman hair?)
The next morning we headed to the salon to get our hair done. I've never done that before. It was super fun!
Then, it was time for the moment we'd all been waiting for, the Royal Wedding!!!!
They got married in the Newport Beach Temple, and everything about it was so wonderful! I cried like a crazy person. It's because I just love Adrienne, and I wanted so badly for her to find her perfect guy, and she did, and she was marrying him for eternity, and it was SO HAPPY!!!!
Aren't they a lovely couple, Mr. and Mrs. Palmer!
Robert and Michael got bored during all the wedding pictures, so they played catch with Winston, not my favorite game, especially since they both did swim team in high school, not baseball. They played the same game of catch with Stanton when he was a baby at Tara and Adam's wedding. I didn't like the game then either.
They will look so cute someday with lots of babies. For now they just borrowed ours.
Siblings picture! (The guy in the background, not a sibling, although he looks a little like the boys.)
And here's our cute little family! Robert said I looked pretty, but also like I pillaged a Mayan Temple with my huge gold earrings. They were pretty large.
Later that night was the reception. It was a fabulous event, right on the water, that I didn't get many pictures of cause we were all too busy having fun, but it was a fabulous event!
At the end of the night, Adrienne and Colton sailed away on a boat and we said our goodbyes with sparklers in hand. And I finally got to use my funny joke! As they sailed away, I yelled, "Hey, so what are you guys up to tonight? Do you have any plans? Call us if you get bored or just wanna hang out or something!"
I'd been waiting all day to say that! HA!
Congratulations to the happy couple! We love you both, and are excited beyond words for the two of you!
http://www.blogger.com/img/blank.gif

5 comments:

mollie said...

I just love weddings! What a great day. And I love the earrings by the way!

Shelly said...

You look way pretty and I love the earrings! Noelle's card was cute but wait I thought she wasn't invited haha - more pics of Winston please! stinkn' cutest baby!

Michael said...

"will it help you to find your way on your journey...NO WAY...will it guide you...NO!...is it bigger than a microwave?"

Nikki said...

Love that story! I'm so going to use your last comment to a bride and groom one day, that is too funny!

Bracken and Bracken said...

I still wish I could have watched your kids ;) my sister did a great job on the flowers huh?!?! Can't wait to see more pictures :)