Anyhow, for Robert's gift, I took him to Rio Salado College, where we first met, and I gave him this poem I made about the day we met there ( and it even rhymes.) I was really embarrassed cause it was pretty cheesy, but he loved it so much he even cried a little. (He's so manly that he doesn't mind me saying that.) And look, we're both wearing stripes, and we didn't even plan that...soulmates!
Here is my poem to him, and P.s. I'm not putting it up because I think it's a fine piece of poetry by any means. I'm putting it on here so we will have it when I print this year's blog book.
Every time I drive on the 10 or the 143 and pass by the building where you met me, I smile and think of how our love came to be.
Just home from your mission and looking for work, your cousin told you about Rio, a job with some perks.
You'd deliver papers to Buckeye, Queen Creek and Tempe, all while listening to talk radio and stopping by Q.T.
Sometimes you'd set-up classrooms, but mostly you'd just drive, and every hour you'd be paid 10.55
You liked the sound of that and applied for the job. I was the 3rd floor receptionist, and you said "Hi, my name is Rob."
I showed you to your interview, and they hired you right away, and gave you your Rio Salado College Site Ops polo. It was gray.
I was laying on the lobby couch when you came out, and I was talking to whoever walked past. You told me that they hired you, and I remember saying "Congrats!"
Once you started we became fast friends, talking about music, movies and dance, but mostly quoting Zoolander, "What is this? A center for ants?"
But then our talks got more serious, about church and love and kids. Things I wasn't used to talking about, but I felt happy whenever we did.
As we hung more and more, you became the best friend I ever had, and as I cried to you about other boys, I noticed how you never made me sad.
In fact, you only made me laugh, harder than I ever had before, and our time together was never enough. I always wanted more.
I knew that you loved me, and I felt like I loved you too, but I was young and dramatic, and I didn't know what to do.
So I moved to Minnesota, which I'd instantly regret, but even 2,000 miles away, you didn't give up yet.
We talked on the phone for hours a day and got to know each other in every possible way.
Then you flew to Minnesota, just to come see me, and when you got off of the plane, I was the definition of happy.
In front of the Minnesota Temple was the first kiss we ever shared, and then we kept on falling in love, more and more from there.
You flew me back to Arizona so we could start our life, and then on Christmas Eve night, you asked me to be your wife.
And ever since then you made my life more perfect than I ever thought it could be, and I'm so thankful that we're married for all eternity.
Prince Charming and Aladin can't compete with all of the romantic, sweet things you do, you make me so happy every day, and I'm so in love with you!
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY HONEY-ROBERT!
7 comments:
I can see why he teared up! That poem is so sweet. Congrats on 7 years!
Kimmie, I love you! NO WONDER Robert flew you back to Arizona and asked you to marry him. I would, too. ... Uhm, if I was a dude. (I am not a dude, so I don't love you "like that". But I sure do love you, and am glad you're my friend.) :-)
That is a beautiful poem! I like your love story.
You two are SOOO cute together!! Congrats on 7 years :)
Seriously Kimmie, you're almost the best thing that's ever happened in my life, so I can only imagine how Robert feels! Happy Anniversary to both of you, I think you are AMAZING!
AAAAAWWWWW! I LOOOOVVVEE your poem! It gave me chills (The good kind) and I could feel my eyes start to burn. It makes me miss you all the more :) That picture of R holding a baby mountain lion is like looking at Stanton in 20something years!! I can totally see it! So cute. You guys seriously have more fun than anyone I know! I love it! You're so inspiring!
Okay - I am sitting at work reading this and literally bawling my eyes out. That was the sweetest poem in the world and I am not sure there are two people more perfect for each other than you two and not sure anyone more in love than you two. Congrats! You inspire me.
Post a Comment