Monday, February 28, 2011

We Met a Statue of Liberty Sign-Spinner!

Stanton and Noelle both LOVE sign-spinners, those people standing on the corner spinning signs to advertise for businesses. If we see one while we're driving, we call it out really loud, and then we honk and wave. Regular sign-spinners are exciting, but when we see one dressed as the Statue of Liberty, we've just got to pull over! It's almost as good as getting your picture with Santa!
This one was happy to take a break from spinning for a photo. The funny thing was he didn't talk, he just waved whenever I asked him for some details from the life of a sign-spinner.
Noelle and Stanton did both want to know why he had real, man hands and fake make-up. Noelle decided it was probably because he had chapped lips.

We went to the drive-in movies. FUN! We saw "Unknown," and we Red Boxed a movie for the kids to watch in the back seat. It worked out great, except for when Liam Neeson was running for his life, and Noelle would yell out things like, "That silly cat in the hat is putting eggs in his hat!"
Stanton is going to start piano lessons so we went to Milanos to get his music. I still remember my first trip to Milanos to get my trumpet stuff, and I remember thinking it was the coolest place ever. Stanton and Noelle thought the same! We looked at every instrument, and he was only interested in playing the piano. He asks to listen to his piano music everytime we get in the van.
Noelle on the other hand is interested in Everything, just like her mama, so she's decided that someday she is going to play the flute, the french horn, the drums, the trombone and the violin. Oh, and the cello.

When I wake Stanton up early for pre-school twice a week (7:30am, we're all slow to wake up at our house), he is still really sleepy so I carry him to the couch and I brush his teeth and feed him breakfast there, so he doesn't have to move too much. If Winston is awake, he likes to help.

We went to a fun book fair with a bunch of our friends and Mother Goose read us stories. I think we all wish she would've actually been dressed like a goose!

6 comments:

Malori said...

What fun adventures!! I love the sign-spinners too! Jon and I saw one (not one all dressed up) on the corner when we were at a red light and we were so busy looking at him we didn't notice when the light turned green. It wasn't until the cars behind us started honking that we were able to get out of the "sign-spinning trance"
What a great idea to bring a kid movie for the back seat while you watch a drive-in movie! How fun!

Shelly said...

Baby Winston is just too cute!! I can't get enough of pictures of him!

Laurie said...

Oh, Kimmie. You're about the most fun thing - EVER! :-)

Bracken and Bracken said...

I think the lady liberty was wearing make-up because "he" is a "LADY liberty" ;)
Yay for piano lessons, I'm sure he's gonna be awesome!!

Steve + Brindy Arnett said...

haha i love reading your stories! the sign spinner part is HILARIOUS! just like getting your "picture with santa!" im gonna think of that whenever i see them...and when my kiddos get older i hope they get that excited too- so cute!

... and i also love the pic of your whole fam in the car! :)

Billy and Kati said...

I love that Noelle now wears those green boots all over the place. Out with the pink and in with the green! :)