
We went to the Tempe Marketplace tree lighting. They had ice skating penguins and bears and fake snow falling from the sky. Being from Minnesota, I tried to catch it on my tongue and told the kids to do the same. I thought they would love it, since they've never seen snow.
Well, apparently Tempe Marketplace makes their fake snow out of soap suds, so I had two crying kids and a nasty taste in my mouth.
I was walking around spitting, while Noelle was screaming "get the bubbles out of my mouth" and Stanton was quietly crying, "I'm glad it only snows in Flagstaff."
I'm pretty sure everyone thought we were crazy, including Robert and Winston.

Speaking of Winston, he managed to stay awake for most of it. I think he's outgrowing his narcolepsy.

We got to the World Wildlife Zoo again this year to start off the Christmas season. It's my favorite!

The Currys love tapirs.

It's amazing how close you can get to the animals! Last year I touched a zebra, and this year Tim shook hands with a monkey. And look how close Robert is to the rhino. Ten more steps, and he could've ridden that rhino like a rodeo cowboy!

Another fun activity, all the little learning group cuties did reindeer races.

After, Noelle raced around the aisles of Costco in their Barbie car with Winston as her passenger.

We went to Robert's Channel 5 work party too. It's always such a great time!

Every year Santa comes and does a little magic show and gives all of the kids awesome presents.
This year he added a motivational speech, which included phrases like, "If you hit mother, Christmas is over for you, but if you find yourself on the naughty list, you can still turn your life around." The kids listened intently.
This was Winston's first time sitting on Santa's lap. He didn't even cry, but then again, he never cries.

We had our Curry Christmas Party! Super fun! I bought Robert a Santa suit to wear, but he "forgot" to put it on.

His little brother Alex was a good sport in his elf-ish costume. He was the drink master for our non-alcoholic bar. His sparkling blueberry lemonade was a big time hit, and he made $12 in tips.

Robert and I like to play games in bed (word games, get your mind out of the gutter.) So we made up this game where you take turns saying words that end in the "OO" sound: construe, menu, flew, glue, issue, Honolulu, subdue, poo-poo, etc. It sounds easy, but we must have thought of over 100 of them, and we were running out. If you couldn't instantly think of a word, you had 24 hours to come up with an "OO" response, or you lose!
Well, after 9 days of intense competition, I am happy to say, I WON! So for my prize, I made Robert sing me the graduation song and congratulate me many times.
Last night we played a midnight game of Scrabble. We didn't keep score, but if we had, my word, "Wizards" with a triple word score, would have been worth 28 points, not too shabby!
Tonight, Spanish Scrabble... Yo voy a ganar!
3 comments:
What fun holiday activities!! Your kids look so cute with their reindeer ears on and Winston is getting so big! I love the games that you guys play! Jon and I play games like that all the time - our favorite is one that we made up - you have to come up with a word that goes with another word (that doesn't make any sense does it) for example I would say "ball" and Jon would say "ball game" then I would say "game board" and so on - the trick is that you can't repeat a word or you lose! So darn fun!
We don't play scrabble much since Jon has been in law school - I swear lawyers make up words! One time he was counting up the score and when I asked who won, he said that I had - because he had given me over 300 points "because I'm pretty"
Too funny!!!
Fun times!
I love your red coat.
I always laugh when I read your posts,generally w/ tears in my eyes. I look forward to reading them w/ anticipation to hear about your exploits because it's nice to hear that even though R says stuff only happens to me, it doesn't and you have such a great way of taking everything in stride w/ a smile.
Post a Comment