Thursday, October 7, 2010

"So I Punched Her in the Eyeball!"

We went to Jungle Jim's Play land a couple of weeks ago, and had a grand old time!
On the way home Stanton and Noelle were talking about how much fun they had and about the girl Noelle punched in the eyeball. So, I interrupted them and asked for details. Apparently, while they were playing, another little girl had hit Stanton and Hannah in the stomach. So Noelle (who always wants to see justice prevail) punched the little girl in the "eyeball."
I wanted to know more, so I asked, "Did you just tap her eye or swat it gently?"
And Noelle folded up her little chubby fist, and said in her raspy little cartoon voice, "No I punched her, like this."
Then Stanton chimed in, "Yup, she did Mommy.That's what happened"
(Hannah later confirmed the story's validity.)
So, even though I thought it was all pretty funny, I still explained to her that we never hit anyone.
Then she explained to me that "she had to punch that mean girl because she hit Hannah and Stanton and hitting is bad, and if that girl hits them again, she will punch her in the eyeball again."
A few days later, I asked Stanton, "Why did that girl at jungle Jim's hit you in the first place?"
And he told me, "Oh, because Hannah and I were the Mommy and Daddy, and Noelle was the kid, and we wouldn't let that girl go play upstairs in the playhouse because you and Daddy don't let us play upstairs at our house."
Hmm, logical explanation, but it still called for some more lessons on sharing and hitting and playing nice.

3 comments:

Adam and Tara said...

haha. Hey, at least they didn't act out "daddy and mommy special time up stairs"!!!! I love your kids and can't wait to see them!!

Nikki said...

Mwahahahaha! That is so funny! Okay, well, I guess it's funny because it wasn't my kids but I love that your kids are so logical about it :)

Mandie said...

I was laughing so hard reading this because I can totally picture Noelle doing that!! I love that girl!!