I wrote a children's book called "Hurry Currys!" Actually, I just wrote it for my children,who love it, but Mike Middents, artist extraordinaire is going to illustrate it for me, and my good friend Laurie and my sister-in-law Tara, who are both very grammar savy are going to edit it (because I am a very lazy punctuator, and I sometimes make up words. And I like to start sentences with the word And.) So after "Hurry Currys!" gets a little make-over, it might just win the Caldecott Medal or that one Newberry Award!
"Hurry Currys!" is about a zany, lovable family who is always late for everything, no matter how hard they try, but their tardiness actually turns out to be a good thing because it puts them in the right place at the wrong time to fight crime.
(It's going to be a series.)
In the first book the Currys are all ready to meet grandpa and grandma at the art museum, when a muddy little puppy bursts in their house and makes his own masterpiece all over their living room. By the time they finally get to the museum, they are 30 minutes late, but that's just in time to catch a thief and recover the painting he stole.
If you are dying to know how Stanton used his baseball skills and Noelle used her new sack of marbles to take down the thief, just let me know, and I will e-mail my story to anyone, (as long as you give me your e-mail address.) You can read it to your kids and give me their opinions. Please have them rate it on a scale from "The Runaway Bunny" to "Berenstein Bears" ("Berenstein Bears being a 10 of course. My favorite kid's books EVER!)
Eventually, maybe I can write all of my own books so that I never have to check out another book and fall victim to the library's late fees again! We owe them $50. in fines as of now, no joke!
9 comments:
Ummm, you are not allowed to publish a book before me. Oh, wait, do. Then I can use you to help propel me into the publishing world.
And I want a copy of this book. Sounds like loads of fun.
Ooh, ooh, we want to read about the amazing Currys!
We miss you guys!
I want one!!!! My address is msaline07@gmail.com. I have to hear how this turns out!
This is ultra fabulous!!! I can't wait to read it!
Oh my gosh! That is so creative and i totally see the new Hurry Curry's Empire being built! First books, then action figures...I totally see it. And I'll buy EVERY SINGLE ONE! You're so creative.
Love it! Brady is a little young to appreciate a book without pictures yet, but two thumbs up from me!
that is so cool! it sounds like a fun book :) i would love to read the story! Jude's a little young to appreciate but I do it anyways! zpiratebabe@hotmail.com
Hi Kim, it's Tricia, Amy's mom. I would love to read the story!! I'm sure it is lots of fun. My e-mail address is tmbrown08@gmail.com. Thanks so much!!
What? No vampires? Would love to read it sometime - I'll get it from Mari.
PS - You're hilarious - love the blog!
Sue
Mari's mom
Post a Comment