I have to admit, I completely underestimated how long this would take. I imagined maybe two hours tops, but as we took our lunch break around noon, with mounds of books remaining, my throat was getting sore, and I was purposely skipping pages here and there and giving them the abridged version of Curious George and The Berenstein Bears. So we extended our lunch break and played some catch and finally got out of our pajamas. We were refreshed! We got back to it, and finished our last book at 1:57pm. We all cheered, and Stanton asked if we could have another read-a-thon tomorrow, and Noelle went in her room and looked at books. (I'm not kidding!) What a fun day!
Monday, November 23, 2009
The Curry's First Annual Read-A-Thon!
I have to admit, I completely underestimated how long this would take. I imagined maybe two hours tops, but as we took our lunch break around noon, with mounds of books remaining, my throat was getting sore, and I was purposely skipping pages here and there and giving them the abridged version of Curious George and The Berenstein Bears. So we extended our lunch break and played some catch and finally got out of our pajamas. We were refreshed! We got back to it, and finished our last book at 1:57pm. We all cheered, and Stanton asked if we could have another read-a-thon tomorrow, and Noelle went in her room and looked at books. (I'm not kidding!) What a fun day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Ha ha! I LOVED read-a-thon days in school. We should have come over - Max would have loved it! I don't think you would have wanted all your pages eaten though.
Ellie is here and I said, "look your friend Stanton." And she said, "No, he not my friend." I said: "Why not?"
"Only girls is my friend."
Oh little does she know the friendships a special boy will give her one day!
Cute read-a-thon, by the way. Can I sit in my pjs and you read to me?
WOW! You are awesome. I don't think I could have stayed awake long enough to finish all those books. I'm amazed that your kids were interested that long!
Kimmie, you've inspired me to stay in my pj's and read all day tomorrow. Seriously, I just may do it. Of course, I'll be reading to myself, in my head... which isn't nearly as fun/exciting, but a single gal's gotta do what she's gotta do. :-)
You are, truly, the most fun mom of all time. I love this story, I love how happy/energetic you are, and how much fun you have with your little family!
Um wow, you are by far the best mom ever! You need a Best Mom of the Year Award. I would never have had the patience for that or been able to stay awake. That was AWESOME! I can't believe they sat through all those books. Just goes to show that books ARE just as good (better actually) than TV! We'd have a lot smarter and more motivated children in our schools system if they all had moms like you!
That is such a fun idea!!!! You are such a great mom!!!
Kimmy you are a great mom! That is a lot of books to read! But the Everyone Poops book looks familiar...can I say Curry's Christmas Party?
You are the most fun mom ever! I wish I could be just like you!!!
Post a Comment