This was the most fun trip of my whole life! We went to every museum and monument there was, and Robert set-up special private tours for a lot of the places so we wouldn't have crowds or lines. It made it so special! We learned a ton, and had such a blast!! Plus, I was there with the most handsome man in all the land! (Robert, not Obama.)

Our first night there we got off of the Metro at Union Station, and who did we see, but the president. Actually it's a cardboard cutout, but I told you I would get a picture next to someone presidential.

The first day we went to Newseum cause Robert is a news man, and it was so much fun. (I admit, I thought it would be boring.) There was a big part of The Berlin Wall, and part of the World Trade Center with an an amazing September 11th Memorial. We got to watch the actual news clips from the moon landing, JFK's assassination, and lots of other old stuff. Then we got to make our own newscast, and Robert's was the best, so professional!
That day we also went to The International
Spy Museum. There are no pics for that though because I was too busy
busting terrorists, like
Jack Bauer does! It was so very fun! There are no words! Robert paid extra for us to go on this operation where we track a
rogue agent, crawl through a tunnel, dodging security cameras, unscramble a phone call,
ransack an office and
interrogate a suspect! Can I just tell you that my husband makes all my dreams come true! I am a little obsessed with that kind of stuff!

Us kissing in front of the capitol! Happy five years to us! There was a lot of kissing on that trip (:

We went to all of The Smithsonians, but The Smithsonian Museum of Natural History was one of the best places ever! There were sooooo many neat things, like The Hope Diamond, and I am not even into jewelery, but that was awesome! Plus, there were dinosaurs and even a pteradactyl, my favorite dino, and tons of cool, dead animals. I loved it there!

We went to this butterfly exhibit where they fly all around you and land on you too. It was so cool!

Robert makes a very cute little bear!

Another picture of us pretending to be eaten by animals.

We stopped by the sculpture garden for some photo ops and to rest our weary feet. We walked everyday for 12 hours, but we saw everthing there was to see!

We went to Mount Vernon, which was awesome, but they said it was the busiest day in history there, so we didn't wait in the two hour line to go in the mansion. There was still so much to see there, like Washington's tomb, a lady dressed up like Martha answering questions and knitting things and an entire fantastic museum, which included George Washington's teeth!

We also saw the Declaration of Independence and The Constitution, which were my favorite, along with the Lincoln Memorial.

I cried seeing most anything having to do with the Founding Fathers or Lincoln, who is my FAVORITE president! They were happy, overwhelmed, excited, grateful tears though, not like the rest of the crying I did at the war memorials. I am such a baby!

This was like the fifth time Robert made me do this shrinking the Washington Monument trick, but I never could seem to get my hands lined up right.

And we visited the White House, where we met a secret service guy, and I refrained from asking him if the show 24 is real cause I had already embarassed Robert enough at the Archives by asking if it was really possible for Nicholas Cage to steal the Declaration, and at The Library of Congress by asking if there was really a "Book of Secrets." (I'm a big fan of the National Treasure movies!) So instead I begged him to give a message to the president for me, and he promised he would. I said, "I did not vote for you Mr. President, but you seem like a nice man, and your girls are cute, and your wife dresses nice." I know, I know, my one shot to say something to the leader of the free world, and that's what I say. Well, I was under a lot of pressure to think of something on the spot, and I didn't want to be disrespectful, so that's all I could come up with!
I LOVE Washington D.C. & I LOVE my hubby!
14 comments:
what a fun trip! I love all the action shots you took, I am going to mimic animals more often in my photos.
I cannot tell you how happy I am that you guys got to go to such a fun place together to celebrate! I love D.C.! Happy Anniversary!
So happy for you (and a tad jealous!!) Looks like a blast!
Wow! What a great trip recap!
I will now write you a poem that illustrates what I felt while reading your post.
A dream vacation to Washington D.C.
Was had by Robert and his love, Kimmie.
They had to walk 12 hours a day,
why oh why didn't they rent a segway?
I adore all of the pictures they took,
they should all be bound in a "secrets" type book!
I'm so glad you guys made it to Mount Vernon! That is probably my # 1 favorite thing there. Bummer that it was crowded though. I just fell in love with the cherry blossoms on the grounds! Happy 5 years to you! What a great spot to celebrate! Oh-and I cried everywhere too! Did you guys happen to find the signs on the street where that Booth guy ran away after he shot lincon at the theater? That was so fascinating to me cause he had a busted leg...I am a history nerd!
Oh what a wonderful trip. I grew up going to DC almost every summer, and I LOVE it there. I loved your recap...and the picture of you guys at the sculpture garden (one of my favorite spots in DC). Can't wait to go back!
And, by the way, that really looks like President Obama. If you really did meet him, I would have been terribly jealous. Terribly.
Looks like a FABULOUS trip! I especially love seeing it through your eyes. You are great!
What an awesome vacation! Happy 5th Anniversary! There is so much to see and I can't believe you got it all in so quickly. It made me want to go back there again as I didn't make it to all of your same stops. I'm glad you guys had such a fun time together:)
Oh, Kimmie... I'm so glad that you got to go to DC. Isn't it fabulous?!
I loved all your pics. Robert is an AWESOME husband, that he planned things out so well. I love that he takes such good care of you, that he would pay extra so you could have the full spy experience.
I love the pics, esp the museum "action shots". (And isn't the Hope Diamond INCREDIBLE?!)
Aahhhh.... I love Washington DC!
Happy Anniversary!
PS - Your secret message to the president? I LOVED IT!
WOW Kimmy. I'm so happy you guys got to do that. Whenever I need a boost of sunshine in my life I go straight to your blog. I absolutely loved your recap of your trip! That was too cool. You crack me up. Glad to hear there was lots of kissing on your trip and you guys are still crazy in love :)
Happy Anniversary! I'm glad you had a memorable one. You guys are so cute. It makes me want to go visit D.C. I've never been...yet.
It looks like you had such wonderful fun!! I am so glad!
Abe is my favorite pres too!
I think I will cry too, when I get to go there someday. ;0)
kimmie,
I loved that you were asking about the book of secrets and referencing jack bauer. When I read your blog I laughed out loud! Hope all is well.
Nobody can beat JACK BAUER....he should be the president of the United States...Jack can even take chuck Norris totally he can.
SO YES 24 is very real.
Post a Comment