Monday, February 17, 2014

Birthdays, Suckling Pigs, Chinese New Year and Monster Jam!

 Noelle turned six on January 9th! I've never meant anyone like her, and I can't believe she's mine!
 She had a princess party and invited all the girls in her kindergarten and primary class because "she just loves everyone so much she could never choose." I totally get that, so we had 16 little girls inside our very small townhouse. We decorated cupcakes like Tiana, made wands like Tinkerbelle, read books like Belle, and hunted for treasure (a pinata) like Ariel.
 We also wrapped each other in Rapunzel's hair and shot arrows like Merida, at Robert.
 Then I used my trumpet to beckon the princesses to the Royal Ball, where we all danced to the Frozen soundtrack. I got a little carried away spinning in circles and singing "Let it go." Since  I wasn't quite hitting the high notes, and I couldn't tell if the girls thought I was cool or weird, I went back to the servants quarters and prepared for the royal feast. It was crazy chaos, but so much fun, and my little princess (who admittedly can rescue herself) had the time of her life!
 The next weekend we went to the Couer d'Alene Symphony's Family Night. It was sports themed, so the conductor got sent to the penalty box, a violinist got thrown out of the song and one cello player tackled another one to the ground in the middle of Beethoven's Fifth.
And now my children officially think the symphony is awesome!

 Stanton was the VIP of his class, which made him so happy! He carried their classes stuffed monkey "Mango" everywhere all weekend, and we fed him mangoes cause we thought it was funny.
 It's been pretty cold and dark/rainy/snowy lately, and since we're not used to winter, we we were glad to find some fun indoor activities at the library...soccer inside!
And of course, building blocks is the after party of library story time! We built New York.
 We also went to a heart themed story and craft evening where we made more than the maximum number of popsicle stick heart animals and ate more than our fair share of the candy hearts they provided. I don't think the librarian minds though cause we thank her and compliment her to the point of awkwardness. She is just so nice. She needs to hear it!
The library also asked our club to make the January display case, so we filled it with pictures from all of the Arizona and Spokane Big Hearts, Little Hands projects.
We went to an RV show. It was us and a bunch of retirees climbing in and out of motor homes, pretty fun. Then we made a quick trip to Idaho to visit Cabella's. Noelle thought it was funny she caught a big Daddy fish. It was a good day!
 Winston started his art class. Parents can either drop off kids or stay, and Winston asked me over and over to drop him off like a big boy, but then when we got there, he asked me to stay, which MADE ME SO HAPPY, I asked him to repeat it! It was so wonderful doing the class together, and I didn't even micromanage his robot masterpiece one bit! I thought it was so adorable that he colored with all of the crayons at once!
 I went to a girl's night dinner for a friend's birthday, and the table of strangers next to has a giant whole pig, teeth and all, in the middle of the table. I couldn't even believe it, so I had to get a picture of their dinner. My suckling pig selfie did make me realize though that I have an odd amount of pictures of myself with barnyard animals (dead and alive.) I should probably put on some make-up and take a picture of myself all dolled up making a kissy face in the mirror every now and then.
We celebrated Chinese New Year in style! We went to Chinese festival to ring in the year of the horse, and we stocked up on authentic delicacies at the Chinese market.
 We also had a chopstick race, fortune envelopes and cookies and wrote the words "choo-choo train, lady bug and football" in Mandarin, all while listening to Chinese tranquility music, which we got totally hooked on, or maybe we were just too relaxed to change the cd.
 And for the grand finale we made paper plate pandas and dragon masks. I can already tell the year of the horse is gonna be a wild ride! (I'm hoping to sell that slogan to China before the year is out.)
 
The next weekend we went to Monster Jam! It's so entertaining! I think it should be an Olympic sport. I've already made my case for it, almost everyone there has an American flag tattoo so the US could totally represent, and Grave Digger would beat every country, every time. He is like the Liam Neeson of motor sports. It's guaranteed Olympic gold. Mitt Romney needs to hear my idea.
 Stanton loves watching the motorcycles do flips. That's my favorite part too.
 And Winston just loves life (and also Grave Digger.)
 And as an end to a great week, we licked icicles like popsicles and built our first official snowman! Some say he looks like a creeper, but we were pretty proud of him!

No comments: