Tuesday, November 12, 2013

 Winston and I have been loving having learning group every week! For the letter "E," the only thing I could think of was eggs, and the coolest thing to do with eggs I thought was to walk on them. So after our Easter (in October) egg hunt, the kids and a few of us moms all took turns walking on eggs. Everyone did an eggcellent job and walked across without breaking a single egg, except for me. I broke 6, wouldn't ya know it, and then I was nervous all day that I was going to get salmonella in my feet through the cut on my heel. Luckily, I didn't. 
For the letter "F" we went on a field trip to the fire station! It was really, really fun!

Winston got to take his turn in the captain's chair, and he even raised his hand to ask a question.
 He asked, "How you get dat water out for dat hose ten pray?" which I translated as, "How do you turn on the water to spray the hose?"I was so proud of his inquisitiveness!
Then we put on our hats and badges and headed out with a new resolve never to play with matches!
Winston and his buddies enjoying the new exhibits at the children's museum! He didn't want to stop stuffing scarves in the blower to take a picture. I caught him mid protest. I can't say I blame him.
 Even though Stanton and Noelle are in school during the day, we manage to fit in fun wherever we can, like making marshmallow paintings in the morning.

 And catching library story and craft times in the afternoon. This one was Trickster Tales, the best kind of tale there is in my opinion. They even fed us a snack.
 Or crashing a free pumpkin painting activity for teens at a library on the other side of town. (They didn't mind. They were thrilled to have us, very hospitable teens!)
 And my personal favorite, playing in leaves!
 We partied it up this Halloween and got a lot of use out of our costumes!
 Mario, Luigi and Toad spent most of October dressed like this!
 We had a Halloween party at our house, with about 100 of our closest mom, dad and kid friends! I was the clown. It was pretty hard having the sexiest costume there.
 All of the guys dressed up to! I was pretty impressed with their creativity!
 Here are just a few of the darling girls. The boys were out sword fighting and running around like crazy!
 It was a blast getting together with friends from school, church and work! It was one of my favorite fiestas we've ever had!
The night included a costume contest, a donut eating contest and a mommy/mummy contest, which turned into a yard full of damp, stepped on, ripped up toilet paper pieces, 36 rolls to be exact. Luckily our friend in the jail bird costume embraced the chain gang theme and picked it ALL up for us! We totally owe him, like bail money or something if he ever gets arrested for real.
 We each carved our pumpkins. Winston wanted to sleep with his.
 Winston and I went trick or treating with a few friends on the news at Daddy's work. When they asked him where Mario was, he said "at school."
 And it's pretty much impossible to go to a news station without taking a picture making the Zoolander face in the anchor chair. I don't know how Robert doesn't strike a pose at that desk every day and take a selfie or two. Who knows, maybe he does.
 Other pre-Halloween festivities included trunk-or-treat, which was incredibly fun! We also went to their school's monster mash, where I danced the night away and went home with the headache of a lifetime and 3 embarrassed children (And one proud husband. He likes my dancing.)
 Then, for the treat of all treats, our best friend Max came all the way from Arizona to go trick or treating and spend a week with us! Mari brought him and Tess, and I still I can't believe they were here, having so much fun! I'm so happy they came!
 We had a camp fire and roasted marshmallows.
 We went to the Children's Museum. They really dig those bikes!
 Stanton and Max picked up playing, right where they left off back in May, still the best of buddies!
 And me and Mari stayed up late eating junk food, talking, laughing, crafting and watching awesome shows together! It was like girl heaven!
 We also fed tigers together.
 And hung out with the lions.
 And fed bears too.
 Since it was too cold for a polar bear to even be outside, we went to an indoor gym and did some tricks. I tried a couple kartwheels on the balance beam. I did not succeed. I fell.
 Winston liked the bounce house, until he found out there was pee in it. Then he stuck with the foam pit cause you'd never even know it if someone peed in there.
And one of the best parts while Max was here was that it SNOWED!!!! My kids saw snow for the first time, They stayed home from school and played in it for 2 hours straight, minus their five minute pancake break. They were running in it, laying in it, throwing it, eating it and building with it. It was one of my favorite thing to see of my life!

1 comment:

mashby said...

HOW did I not see this post!? Silly me! Max talks almost daily about going back to Spokane and compares everything to how far away it is. These kids! I swear, they played so good and it was the best trip EVER!! Miss you guys! :)