Sunday, January 20, 2013
Bowling, Olive Tours & Noelle's Birthday!
We started out the 2012 the right way by doing a little New Year's Day bowling!
Winston is a big fan of bowling!
We had so much fun, especially cause we got to use our super creative bowling names..."Brocolli Rob,"Silver Fox," "Princess Maybe," "Stripey Zebra," etc.
The next day we went to the zoo and had fun with cousins and friends in the beautiful weather!
And that night we had a girl's get together/birthday celebration at Zupas, so fun!
The day after that we took a little family tour of the Queen Creek Olive Oil Factory. I've always wanted to go there, and it was really cool!
Did you know there's actually no such thing as a black olive...only red and green. Did you know that olive trees are female or male? did you know I think olives are disgusting?
We got to go inside where they make all the olive oil. It was so interesting.
I paid the kids a dollar to try an olive. Stanton was brave, but Noelle spit hers out on the floor, which is totally unsanitary and only worth 25 cents since she only suffered through part of the gross flavor.
I don't think the older woman on the tour, who happened to be very knowledgeable and very passionate about olives, liked our shenanigans.
Afterwards, we stopped by the new Gilbert Temple site and visited their visitor's center. They even gave the kids a white rock that was from part of one of the unused temple pieces.
Stanton and Noelle were very excited to see it because they saved and donated their temple pennies, and their sure they payed for Angel Moroni's thumb.
A few days later while Stanton and Noelle were at school, Winston and I drove by a giant airplane in chandler and since he kept chanting "me see pane" we just had to stop.
That same night Adrienne had made cupcakes for Noelle's birthday lunch the next day, and she put them towards the very back of the counter where little hands couldn't reach...so we thought.
A little before 10pm, we heard little feet upstairs, so I went to check, and Stanton and Noelle were sound asleep, but Winston was sitting up in his bed, in the dark, eating a cupcake.
I could not even stop laughing. I asked him where he got it, and he said, "Me go back stairs. Me get stool."
He is such an adorable little sneak!
The next day was Noelle's 5th birthday! Aunt Adrienne made her a special birthday lunch of banana and nutella sandwiches with cheetos, and Funfetti cupcakes.
Then we all went to Red Robin for dinner to celebrate.
After that we headed to Disney Princesses on Ice cause we have such an awesome Daddy that got us free tickets. Noelle and Kennedy both dressed up as Rapunzel and skipped and held hands (and fell down on top of each other) all night, talking about how they are just like sisters. It was super cute!
A couple nights later, Robert and i stayed up until midnight (I love my husband!) cutting out peanut butter and jelly sandwiches with cookie cutters and making animal cupcakes for Noelle's birthday party the next day.
Robert's lion has a much fuller, shinier mane than my sad looking lion, but my monkey cupcakes turned out nicely!
We had her party at Toy Town, and it was a blast! It was fun for me just watching what a fun time all the cute kids were having!
They loved playing dress up.
They played in the toy bank and the toy library and the toy hospital.
The boys mostly hung out in the toy jail and the toy mechanic shop. We also caught a few of the boys playing with paper dolls, and when we tried to take their picture as evidence, they all covered their faces. It was funny!
We ate lunch and
played some games Grandma Mary brought. Apparently she was at the bank (the real one) and they had a bowl full of suckers, and she took them all (like 100+) so she made up games for the kids to win suckers.
The best one was where she cut out tons and tons of paper butterflies, and she brought a fan and blew them around the room for the kids to catch. it was a hit and so were the suckers!
Then we had cupcakes...notice the impressive monkey one!
Grandpa Dan dyed his hair pink and dressed up as a butterfly, per Noelle's request. The kids could not stop giggling. Neither could I. It was sweet and entertaining!
It was so fun to have all of our family there partying the whole time!
I love my kids birthdays! I love celebrating each of their sweet little lives and seeing them get excited about every little thing!
I'm so thankful Noelle is our daughter! There's nobody in the world like her! She brightens everyday!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment