Sunday, October 14, 2012

Stanton's 6th Birthday Party!

 Stanton turned 6, and we had a Lego party to celebrate! He had so much fun with all of his friends, and Grandpa Dan even dressed up as a giant Lego guy!
 The kids had to defend their Lego towers from him, which turned into them chasing him and trying to knock him over. It worked, but Grandpa Dan loved it. he laughed and said it was all part of the act. The kids were screaming and laughing like crazy!
 We continued with the Lego theme with lots of homemade Lego stuff. Stanton and Noelle are both full of compliments, so it makes it fun to go all out with their themes because they get so excited and  have no idea that my creations did not turn out as good as they looked on Pinterest.
 The kids built with Legos and colored their own Lego guys.
 They took a break for food, and Ninjago Lego Gatorade.
 Then it was time for the obstacle course. I told the kids the story of Ninjago, where ordinary Lego people lived peacefully, until one day the evil Lord Garmadon kidnapped Ky's sister Nia, and he had to train with others to become a ninja and get his sister back.
Then I screamed, and pretended that Noelle was missing. (She was really hiding behind the house.) I told them that they too had to train to become Lego ninjas to help Stanton rescue his sister.
They were SO into it! They ran on a balance beam, chopped boards in half with their own hands, punched balloons and jumped over giant Legos, and they found her. It was a big hit!
 After that it was time for cake and presents. Stanton usually wishes to fly with Luke Skywalker on a real tie fighte whenever he blows out candles, but he wouldn't tell me what he wished for this time.
And we finished up with the pinata. I love pinatas! Stanton had so much fun, and my favorite part was in the middle of the party I said, "Who loves Stanton?" And all of the kids said, "I do! I love Stanton!"
He was smiling so big, and I wanted to cry cause he is such a sweet boy, and I love it when he feels so happy! I love birthdays! I love parties, and I love my kids (and my hubby too!) It was a great day!

No comments: