One of the managers even walked by and said, "Are you really that hungry?"
No lady, we weren't, but since it costs an arm and a leg to eat at your buffet, we will try all 8 flavors of your gelato, and eat a half dozen chocolate covered strawberries, after going back for seconds on your creme brulee. (I pretty much only ate tons of dessert and pineapple and cantelope and mashed potatoes and fancy maccaroni and cheese.)
For this one I meant to use my purse to blend in with the dark night sky (I knew I should have brought my black purse) so it would look like I was headless like the statue, but instead everyone standing there, including my husband, thought I looked like a total weirdo.
I think that may have been one of the few times that something I've done may have slightly embarrased Robert.
He was nice about it though. He just kept saying, "Come on honey. It's not working out the way you think it is."
Turns out he was right. That is not how I pictured it.
We were in the very, very last row, perfect for standing up and dancing to "Crocodile Rock."
I hesitated at first, since nobody else was dancing, but after the chorus, nothing could have kept this tiny dancer in her seat!
I pullled out all of my best moves, including my air piano!
I even had a quasi dance-off with a middle-aged woman 10 rows in front of me, who happened to be the only other person dancing and had no idea I was secretly trying to out dance her.
It was such fun! I kept on dancing to the last song and even got Robert to stand up and dance at the end.
It was a great concert!
After the concert we went to the Paris hotel and shared a crepe to end the night.
It was so nice just being together. He makes everything fun! Even just riding in the car together was fun.
Merry Christmas present to me!
5 comments:
Oh my gosh I had to cover my mouth so I wouldn't laugh too loud and wake up Temperance! LOL! That was great. I love Elton John's music. And having a husband that works in theater I couldn't help but marvel at the set! It's awesome. I didn't even know Elton John was still performing!!
I think I actually NEEEED to go to Vagas for a holiday someday looks amazing.
I am so jealous!! I LOVE Elton John! I might have to talk Adam into taking me. I would have danced too. What is the point of going to concerts if you aren't going to have a good time. You know how to live life to the fullest Kimmie, keep it up!
Oh, what a fun trip for you two! (I did love your imaginary sass back to the buffett waitress. I hope that you really did try all 8 kinds of gelato and ate a plate of chocolate covered strawberries!)
You're my favorite!
how fun! that would be soo awesome to see elton john! and i love the headless statue picture!! haha!! soo hilarious!! :)
Post a Comment