Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Spicing up September!

Why hello there! I'm Winston, and I'm sooo cute with my huge hands and tons of hair!
Robert, Stanton and Noelle went in a three story high flying bath tub!
Robert and I enjoy putting our babies in funny places so he and I did a photo shoot with baby Winston at the children's museum. Winston stayed asleep through the entire thing. He's pretty much always asleep. He just wakes up to eat.
The other day Stanton was holding him while he was waiting to eat, and he started sucking on Stanton's arm, and Stanton said in his sweetest, talk to babies voice, "There's no milk in there little guy."
We went up to Payson for our ward camp out, but just for the day. I wasn't quite ready to rough it in a tent with a 5 week old.
The weekend before we went to Prescott with some friends. It was so fun, and I think Winston looks adorable in a sweater!
Robert and I went on our first alone date since the baby was born. We went to the Halloween store and to Target while his mom watched all three kids. Anywhere is fun with him!
We always try to think of something to do to spice up the month of September because we think it's the most boring month since it's just kind of in the way of Halloween and and Thanksgiving and Christmas. Last year to make things more interesting Noelle went to the hospital for 4 days with a staph infection, and the day after she got out we went to Disneyland. Both of those things are out of the question for this year so I decided to
check out some books from the library and have some themed days.
The first ones were "If you Give a Pig a Pancake" and "Curious George's Pancakes." After we read the books, we dressed up as chefs, and I made Blueberry pancakes with banana and whip cream faces. This is a big deal because it was actually my first time making pancakes for them. (Unbelievable, I know, but I'm still learning to cook.)
We pretended to be at a restaurant, and I was their waitress. They referred to me as "mammal" the entire time. I'm pretty sure they meant "Mam" but it was too cute to correct them!
We also checked out some art books, and we painted with pistachio and chocolate pudding. They each picked a picture that "inspired" them, and then used their spoons and their fingers to paint.Stanton said his picture was called "The Maze" and Noelle told me hers was called, "Baby in a pack n' play in a maze." I love my kids!
Then they ate the rest of the pudding for breakfast, and I didn't have to cook! Win-Win, win!
We also checked out 3 pirate books, and since I happened to already have tons of pirate stuff, we had a pirate dinner and then I smoked out our house while burning the edges of my home-made treasure map that led us all around outside to our pirate's booty (fairy wings and a Star Wars puzzle.) They were shocked and thrilled to find booty outside in a tree, and their happy faces made my sore throat from talking in a scratchy pirate voice totally worth it!
For career day at Stanton's preschool he is supposed to go dressed up as what he wants to be when he grows up.
At first he insisted on dressing up as a pirate. (Robert suggested a Somalian pirate.) Then he changed his mind from magician to Jedi to police man, until finally he decided to dress up as Robert. He says he wants to be a news-man like Daddy. Since Robert just wears normal clothes to work, they are both dressing in their D-backs ear so that Stanton can be just like his news-man Daddy.
However, he did say he will never show dead baby sea turtles on his news show like Daddy does because the one time Stanton and Noelle watched Robert's newscast, he ran a story about dead sea turtles and showed footage of hundreds of them laying on the beach on their backs being shoved into garbage bags. He and Noelle both started crying, "Why would Daddy put that on t.v.!"

10 comments:

Whitney said...

I need more updates from you because you are just purely entertaining. I love your kids and I wish they'd talk around me because they're hilarious! Well, I guess Noelle talks enough for all of them. :)

OurFamily said...

So fun! Ok but really, you JUST had your baby! I can't believe you are out and about already. You're amazing!

mashby said...

Can Max please join your family? He needs some more entertainment in his life! You really won't know he is there...really. I'll just pick him up after work, thanks! :)

Bracken and Bracken said...

you are such a good mommy :) i'm sad stanton doesn't get to come to learning group, he's getting so big, i hardly recognize him!!

Missy said...

Winston and his big eyes and hair! He's too cute! I'm glad you two got to go out on a date. Aren't mother in laws the greatest?!

Steve + Brindy Arnett said...

you are the COOLEST mom ever!! seriously, your ideas are soooo awesome!!! and soo creative!!! your kids are so lucky ;)

...oh ya and i'm totally gonna be stealing ideas when jude gets older.. ;)

tricia said...

You are the cutest mom!! I bet there is never a dull minute at your house because you always do such fun things!! We love having Stanton in preschool, he is adorable!! And of course, so are your other kiddos!!

Malori said...

You guys look like you are always having so much fun!!! You are an incredible mom!!! And you have the sweetest family! Winston is just precious!

The Robinsons said...

Why would Rob put those on the news? It is just mean. I'm with your kids on that one! HAHA! Love your posts Kimmie!

Readings Digest said...

You have got to be the most fun and creative mom out there. Do you offer lessons or something? I agree about September, it is boring...and too hot. Love ya!