Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Birthday Week Is Here And Lots of Other Stuff!


Feliz Cumpleanos Kimmie!
This week marks the beginning of my BIRTHDAY WEEK! I know, I know, my b-day is still 2 weeks away, but since I will be sharing it with Baby Winston, Robert has decided to give me 2 WEEKS this year! It's like Haunakuh, but doubled and just for me! It's so fantastic!
So, to start things off, on Monday, he went to World Market and got me all the makings for my favorite drink, raspberry italian soda. Tuesday he brought me the Food Network cooking magazine and today he got Winston and I matching shirts to wear at the hospital. What a husband I have! I LOVE HIM AND I LOVE MY BIRTHDAY!
We also met the Three Little Pigs. Stanton liked them, but Noelle refused to have anything to do with them, probably because they didn't have any eyeballs.
Yesterday we went to the bouncy place, Jump and Shout. I maybe should not have been jumping since I was wearing a skirt, or also cause I'm having a baby in 6 days, but that's never stopped me before.
We've been making lots of crafts lately, very fun! This one was Noelle's favorite. (What a beautiful little girl I have!)
Why is Stanton happily licking letters made out of honey off of a plate? Because he started pre-school!
I read about this awesome tradition that the Hebrews have been doing since the 1500's. They lick the ABC's made of honey at the beginning of every school year to symbolize the sweetness of learning.
Then we read this book our friend gave us, "The Kissing Hand" about a raccoon who was nervous for his first day of school, and we all traced our hands and decorated them and kissed them and put them in Stanton's backpack for him to kiss in case he got lonely and missed us.

And here he is, on his first day at Wiggle Worm Pre-school. He loved it!
When Robert and Noelle and I picked him up, he showed us around his classroom and informed us that he had so much fun so he did not need our kissing hands, but that he would still keep them in his backpack, just in case.
Well, even though he's only gone 2 hours, 2 days a week, we sure missed him! What a big boy! I can't believe how much he's growing up!

7 comments:

Amy said...

Holy Cow Kimmie...the pregnancy went by so fast for me! Probably not for you, though. You are such a fun mom and I can't believe that Stanton is already in pre-school. Where is his pre-school at? You're awesome, and I can't wait to meet baby Winston!

Malori and Jon Saline said...

I can't believe you are going to be having your baby soon! Happy Birthday!!!

Bracken and Bracken said...

Happy birthday week :) You're husband is so sweet, he and Mark need to spend more time together ;) Can't wait to see the new baby!!!!

Bethany Dibble said...

I love The Kissing Hand book. They also have a sequel to it but the name escapes me right now. I love reading your blog!

Steve + Brindy Arnett said...

happy birthweek kimmie!! i always like to elongate my birthday as loong as possible too!! your always doing such fun things with your kiddos and i love all the little rituals you make!! im totally gonna steal your ideas when jude gets older!! :)

Jim and Brooke said...

Happy Happy Birthday Kimmie Dear! Happy days will come to you all year! If I had a wish that might be, a Happy Happy Birthday to you from me!
Ahh, the primary days coming out in me!
I can't believe Stanton is old enough for preschool! So much FUN!
I also wish you the best delivery ever!! :)

Michael & Lorielle Harris Family said...

Nathan and I agree with Noel - Those three little pigs are scary! What strange eyes! Hope you have a Happy Birthday and that you have a great delivery!